The Student Room Group

do std's scare you?!

im worried about catching something , i dont want to get infected with anything . but if i keep worring about it then that gets in the way of you living your life , i dont know anyone ( i think that has caught an sti/std ) and i know so many slutty people
but what are you supposed to do never kiss anyone unless you have them tested first whos going to do that? i dont want a relationship i dont even know anyone i could date , but i dont want to be celibate with sex and kissing??
anyone else feel like this?
No they don't scare me.
Reply 2
To be honest I don't worry so much about this. As to kissing, virtually zero risk of anything nasty occurring. And with sex providing you are not wildly indiscriminate and adopt some level of caution in the early stages of a relationship then the risk of something serious occurring is low. Sure you can be unlucky, herpes seems a particular risk, but the alternative, as you say, of celibacy is rather unattractive. Exciting things in life usually come with a degree of risk. So I wouldn't worry constantly about this - have fun but be cautious by using condoms and understanding your partners sexual history. Mind you, one of the beauties of a stable long term relationship is that you arrive at the point where you can relax totally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending