The Student Room Group

I really enjoy exam?

Scroll to see replies

The title made me laugh.

I know what you mean. Unless I don't know ANYTHING on the paper, and if I've actually studied, I find that I enjoy most exams to an extent :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Patrick2810
You've been studing GCSE for 3 years? Grammar school?

Private
Reply 22
I actually enjoy essay writing exams though I hate essay. I love the time intensity and feel myself working so hard! I can feel I'm doing my best and I feel so satisfied after writing up whole lot of essay in not-easy time limit!
Original post by Arithmeticae
The challenging Science papers are pretty :sexface:

TFW you get a hard maths question :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, love those
Makes you feel powerful when you get the questions right :devil:
Reply 24
Original post by Okeyiaj
I did Edexcel poetry and geography b and they were 'attractive' (metaphor) exams. See what I did there?

What exam board did you do them in?

Ah, I'm on AQA for both, but I do Geography A, that's a relief aha
Reply 25
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Yeah I loved my English lit exams at GCSE.. they were defo fun essays to write. But A-levels are a completely different ball game
I like it when the questions are basic or are on the stuff I actually revised, like the psychology essay that came up last year on life changes and daily hassles

I like being able to write your interpretations and stuff, but with an English exam at the end of the week... my fingers are aching like crazy after I'm half way through it, my handwriting turns to ****, that;s what I hate
Reply 26
The challenging Science papers are pretty :sexface:

TFW you get a hard maths question (although it is a pretty rare occurence :colone:)

Surprisingly enough, I feel I work at my hardest under exam style high-pressure times conditions. Absolutely nothing like it :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whilst I LOVE these questions I don't like to solve them under exam conditions. For something mathematic or scientific, I love to think in a quiet room with calm atmosphere, not the stressful room with sound of pens scratching the desk.

On the other hand I love exam condition for something I usually hate to do such as essay writing. It surprisingly becomes fun under exam condition :redface:
Reply 27
Original post by irMike
I like being able to write your interpretations and stuff, but with an English exam at the end of the week... my fingers are aching like crazy after I'm half way through it, my handwriting turns to ****, that;s what I hate

Yeah they should give much more time than the typical mark a minute. Had to rush most of my exams
Original post by C0balt
Whilst I LOVE these questions I don't like to solve them under exam conditions. For something mathematic or scientific, I love to think in a quiet room with calm atmosphere, not the stressful room with sound of pens scratching the desk.

On the other hand I love exam condition for something I usually hate to do such as essay writing. It surprisingly becomes fun under exam condition :redface:

I normally just try and tune everything out - I'm in a separate room for people that use computers so that also helps :colone: If I'm fully concentrating on something though (which doesn't happen often XD) I need completed silence or I can't work properly

I know that feel, smashed out some long poetry essay today and felt like a boss :cool:
Reply 29
Original post by Okeyiaj
Yeah they should give much more time than the typical mark a minute. Had to rush most of my exams

I have like some minor version of Arthritis and doing an exam 2/3 times a day, is absolutely destroying my fingers, It became unbearable in the Poetry exam I had to just put the pen down frequently, Linear exams are the worst.
Reply 30
I normally just try and tune everything out - I'm in a separate room for people that use computers so that also helps :colone: If I'm fully concentrating on something though (which doesn't happen often XD) I need completed silence or I can't work properly

I know that feel, smashed out some long poetry essay today and felt like a boss :cool:

yeah I can't work in noisy place so I often get pissed off at my classmates lol
I felt exactly the same way doing my GCSE History, I really enjoyed it because I actually understood the question and had a good answer to give :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Jophesxi
I felt exactly the same way doing my GCSE History, I really enjoyed it because I actually understood the question and had a good answer to give :smile:

Yeah I did Geography and I was looking constantly at the front of the exam whether I wasn't doing foundation as I've knew most of the questions.
Reply 33
If I could improve by doing the exam again then sure…If not then heck to the no lol.
Original post by Blueray2
Wait till you get to A levels.
And worse still, wait till you get to university.
Original post by irMike

That's actually true, that's the only problem with essay exams
Reply 36
Original post by mynameisntbobk
That's actually true, that's the only problem with essay exams

Yeah, gets painful, really distracting and hard to continue writing, they need to spread the English exams out more
What you smoking OP?
You are the only person who i know who have said they like exams.
I look forward to the day that my exams finish as i would be stress free until my A2s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only some exams were enjoyable. I hated the RS exam papers... Completely dreadful. A nightmare.
I get that with geography and maths :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest