The Student Room Group

Do Universities care which college? Help

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong place I wasn't quite sure where to put it.

I am receiving offers from colleges and only one is close to where I live, the others I'd need to travel a few hours a day to get to while saving up for moving to university next year, however the close one may not be deemed as good as the others. I was wondering if it mattered where I studied my Hnc when applying? did some searches but I can't seem to find any information on the subject. I'm hoping to go to Edinburgh Napier next year for first year entry.

Thankyou very much In advance
Reply 1
Go to the closer one. If it's the same course being offered everywhere/standard then it's a non-issue. They won't hold it against you because you didn't live in catchment to a better school.
All Unis are interested in is your predicted grades/results, a strong Personal Statement and a supportive Academic Reference. They don't care where you went to school.
Reply 3
Original post by PhsychWiz
Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong place I wasn't quite sure where to put it.

I am receiving offers from colleges and only one is close to where I live, the others I'd need to travel a few hours a day to get to while saving up for moving to university next year, however the close one may not be deemed as good as the others. I was wondering if it mattered where I studied my Hnc when applying? did some searches but I can't seem to find any information on the subject. I'm hoping to go to Edinburgh Napier next year for first year entry.

Thankyou very much In advance

It won't matter. Go to the closest one - it will be less stressful than spending hours traveling every day and you'll have more time for studying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending