The Student Room Group

What are your exam lucky charms?

Scroll to see replies

God and a good luck red bean that my friend gave me which goes in my bra lol
My batman socks
:biggrin: works every time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I don't really get into regular use of lucky charms, but this year I am, being a band that has my firm university's name on, and a bracelet my work friends got me when I left after two years to focus on exam season :3 that plus a lot of revision hopefully will work!
Two bracelets and a bamboo watch my grandma gave to me from South Africa and an engraved necklace my mum gave me on my 18th Birthday. I also keep my favorite green pen in my pencil case...

I don't really believe they give any luck whatsoever but I guess it does help me feel more confident and I'd hate for me to not wear them and find an exam really difficult.
(edited 9 years ago)
Water bottle. I did my physics prelim without water when I was predicted A. I bombed at ended up with an F. Now I sit every exam with a bottle of Highland Spring, sports cap, and label pulled off everywhere but the sticky part.

Also, if my exam is in the afternoon then I'll always get a cheese baguette for an early lunch. Then I need to be in the exam hall about 20 minutes before we sit down. Yesterday I was so pumped that I was there an hour early. xD

I also write with a certain type of pen, have five backup pens, and pee twice.

Rituals are awesome. They work every time.
Original post by lauras97
I sleep with my books under my pillow the night before the exam

That what I do

As I have a sribe every thing need to be on the table in just the write place othee wise it bug me, alway placed on kn same order and before we start the time gose on board and get marked on teh clock
But I don't realy have a good luck carm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal kit
A dead rat.
I just whack it onto the desk in the middle of my exam, straight As.

Ha. Just kidding. A shamrock badge that was given to me ages ago :smile:
Reply 48
For all my exams I keep a tiny piece of paper with a phone number that my grandad wrote down about 35 years ago :P never met him, he died 13 years before I was born but him and my dad were really close I've heard so much about him so I feel like I know him :smile:

Just helps me to know people are supporting me and also that there are more important things in life than exams so it's not the end of the world if I can't do something :P
lol if I try taking a lucky charm or something they'd assume that I'm cheating :biggrin:
I dont think its a lucky charm but Ive been wearing the same watch to every exam since year 10... o.O ... Ive nearly finished uni now lol

And I also still take in my long bendy ruler from then to every exam - not necessarily use it though... a habit I guess...
My good luck charm is surprisingly--- REVISING
Reply 52
I always have a bottle of Lucozade either before or during the exam - other than that I just turn up and do it - usually I don't even revise
Wearing matching underwear ..
Revision and prayer to be honest :P But seriously, as long as you put in the necessary work you're normally fine.
TARDIS necklace... It gives me more timey-wimey XD
Drawing a pentagram on the table / exam sheet. I remember acing a GCSE and someone else had drawn a pentagram on my table, and I attributed my success to that. Hasnt failed me yet.
I had a necklace that I used to wear during exams for good luck, but while I was in the middle of my AS History paper it randomly broke. I felt a bad omen at that point, and low and behold I bombed that exam.
A one ring necklace that I wear under my shirt. Sometimes when a question's killing me I'll find it slipping onto my finger :rolleyes:
Reply 59
I sacrifice a piglet to the Yellow King 8 minutes before midnight the day before the exam. I then smear the blood onto a white tee and wear it in the exam.

seriously though, a lucky penny.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending