The Student Room Group

Driving test

Hey guys, I had my first driving test today and failed with only 1 serious fault and 1 minor I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how I could pass next time and keep my nerves settled. My examiner was a little scary and rude which put me off a little bit. Any advice/help at all?
Thanks
What was your serious fault? Try not to let the attitude of the examiner put you off, because you won't always get a nice examiner, unfortunately. Go into the test knowing that you can drive safely, whether someone else is there or not. Try not to let the fact that it is a test play on your mind, because it will drive you crazy.

Have you booked your next test yet?
Reply 2
Original post by GJP005
Hey guys, I had my first driving test today and failed with only 1 serious fault and 1 minor I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how I could pass next time and keep my nerves settled. My examiner was a little scary and rude which put me off a little bit. Any advice/help at all?
Thanks

I have failed twice so far. I am stopping my lessons until exams are over because I presume my anxiety was caused by exam stress. I would say generally stay relaxed and imagine you are with your driving instructor. Do not panic if you make a mistake as normally they will ignore it (Happened with me: Hit the curve leaving the centre and nearly had a panic attack.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending