The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm going to take a few things so I've got stuff to eat for the first day or two, and stuff that will last. Partly because I might still be on crutches and so shopping won't be easy at first. Also, anything that will last a long time and won't take up too much room. Such as herbs and spices, olive oil etc. Especially because these are things that aren't particularly cheap. So it's much better if I can get my parents to pay for them, rather than having to buy them myself.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
We can do a supermarket sweep en masse in Tescos at the beginning of the week.

Shopping bags..that makes me think, is any1 bringing a car to Warwick? Or even a Ford transit van?
Reply 22
I've been told to bring your parents down and do a crap load of shopping so you dont need to buy food for a month :p: so you can spend all your money on partying. :biggrin::
Reply 23
Flexon - good plan. Oceane - Tesco is so close most people just go about once a week and get a few bags. If you're walking back with friends you don't really notice how heavy it is. If you're buying heavy stuff (like cheap crates of alcohol :biggrin:) get a friend or two to go in on it and help carry it home!
Reply 24
I lived in Claycroft in my first year, and since Im from Norway I didnt bring much kitchen stuff (was only allowed 20kg on the plane). But the other people in my kitchen were SO against sharing. One even put up notes in the kitchen saying he'd report it if anyone used his stuff. So I had to go buy EVERYTHING. Luckily the chaplaincy have a used market where you can buy the essentials for next to nothing (the money goes to charity as well).
Reply 25
Linda
I lived in Claycroft in my first year, and since Im from Norway I didnt bring much kitchen stuff (was only allowed 20kg on the plane). But the other people in my kitchen were SO against sharing. One even put up notes in the kitchen saying he'd report it if anyone used his stuff. So I had to go buy EVERYTHING. Luckily the chaplaincy have a used market where you can buy the essentials for next to nothing (the money goes to charity as well).

Oh now, be a bit fair, it was mainly this one guy who was a bit nutty when it came to other people ding the dishes ( tho he never did them himself, hmmm ). Anyway, yea, do check what people are willing to share and how much space you will have there. Sometimes peopel bring too much stuff and you could end up having to fight for kitchen space.
do we need to take our own iron?
Reply 27
Iron? As in ironing? Are you mad? :p:
Reply 28
Youre not going to iron are you!? Just hang it up straight!
I'm pretty sure all halls will have ironing boards not sure about irons but i agree with splidgesplodge hang it up and it'll be fine, you'll be a student after all! I'm more concerned about my dwindling money supplies, thank god for loans!
goodbye iron..:frown:
fairygirl21
goodbye iron..:frown:

my brother laughed his head off when I asked whether I should take one or not, I was planning to too, but he said just to hang it up or use heavy books...
Reply 32
SplidgeSplodge
Youre not going to iron are you!? Just hang it up straight!

o yes this DOES require rep :smile:
Reply 33
I didn't realise people ironed things other than shirts... And even shirts are OK if you hang them to dry on a coathanger instead of tumbledrying.
Reply 34
i come from a house where my mum irons socks... this is what I've had to live with for 18 years
i'm sorry..lmao!!
Reply 36
I took an iron with me.....!! Very handy cos my jeans get quite crinkly... Its not as silly as it sounds!
Reply 37
I dont mind crinkly jeans. I like to think it adds to the effect. The fact that I look scruffy doesnt bother me when i consider the amount of time and boredom ive saved by not ironing
Reply 38
Does it make sense that everyone should bring a pan...a pan is a pan. We dont need like 6 of each item in one kitchen do we (size:6ppl)???
Reply 39
Flexon
Does it make sense that everyone should bring a pan...a pan is a pan. We dont need like 6 of each item in one kitchen do we (size:6ppl)???

You could do if you're alal rubbish at washing up :rolleyes:

How many people are bringing a George Forman?

Latest

Trending

Trending