The Student Room Group

they say your school days were the best days of your life , would you agree?

I would say my college days were better as achieved more there but had a lot of fun at school

were your school days the best days of your life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Little responsibility; a lot of free time. Still somewhat ignorant towards life. It's easy to see why most would agree.
Probably, but who knows what is to come!
Funnily enough, they were the worst years of my life for me
Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
Funnily enough, they were the worst years of my life for me

So far, your life could get so much worse yet :h:
Original post by Silver Arrows
So far, your life could get so much worse yet :h:

Nope, pretty sure it can't get worse than what I experienced at school.

But, thanks for the reassurance
Reply 6
Nope. My college days, in particular when I was studying music were the best for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I love college/university.
I absolutely dreaded school. I loved to learn but from 12-17 I mean Jesus, a little mercy please? I think it's mostly because youngers are bored and stupid and immature and horny and so they just use people as hormonal outlets. But I literally gag and cringe if I pass by someone I knew years ago.
Reply 8
Nope, pretty sure it can't get worse than what I experienced at school.

But, thanks for the reassurance

What happened? :frown:
Reply 9
Nope. Have had far better since.
Original post by ApeMob
What happened? :frown:

Bullying. It knocked my confidence down in a way which I'm finding hard to re-build even now.

But hey, it happens to almost everyone at some point. It's just a part of life, and it made me into the person i am now.

Thanks for your concern :biggrin:
Reply 11
For sure! But I'm finishing Year 11 in the next couple of weeks so I'm baised. I've been at my High School since Sept 2010 and I can honestly say there have been many ups and downs but I've enjoyed every second, and I wish I was in Year 8 again.

Maybe when I get to 18 I'll feel different but for now I feel very emotional and sad about finishing my high school days...
Reply 12
Bullying. It knocked my confidence down in a way which I'm finding hard to re-build even now.

But hey, it happens to almost everyone at some point. It's just a part of life, and it made me into the person i am now.

Thanks for your concern :biggrin:

Why were you bullied? :daydreaming:
Maybe this can help, even though you can't take back those years, don't internalize them. You'll see being a minor is very menial when you go on through life. Let it motivate you, not break you. Imagine how great it would be to prove all those bastards wrong. Most of the people who ****ed with you are losers now. I guarantee. The people I risked a lot of personal integrity for in school I caught up with them on Facebook recently and I promise you: EVERY one of them has a baby. And we're not over 22 this year. I was not bullied ever but there's always someone who wants to ruin your day, and you see them everyday so it sucks. Those same people are losers now. I bet you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
You remember the good things and forget the bad things. This is why many consider their school days to have been the best.
Original post by ApeMob
Why were you bullied? :daydreaming:
Maybe this can help, even though you can't take back those years, don't internalize them. You'll see being a minor is very menial when you go on through life. Let it motivate you, not break you. Imagine how great it would be to prove all those bastards wrong. Most of the people who ****ed with you are losers now. I guarantee. The people I risked a lot of personal integrity for in school I caught up with them on Facebook recently and I promise you: EVERY one of them has a baby. And we're not over 22 this year. I was not bullied ever but there's always someone who wants to ruin your day, and you see them everyday so it sucks. Those same people are losers now. I bet you.

Why? Hmm let's see... I was myself. I refused to become a "sheep" like the rest, and of course at school that makes you a primary target for bullies. At around age 12-14 I started deliberately isolating myself from my group because they were a bunch of bitchy backbiters, and that wasn't who I am. I didnt want to become like them, so I left them. Turns out that just made the whole thing worse lol

So yeah from age 12 till 16 I was basically known as the "weird" kid all because I didn't conform and disagreed with the stuff the majority of people did. At sixth form, it got so much better because people started thinking for themselves and everyone wasn't the same anymore. I found friends and wasn't bullied anymore.

I don't really want to know what the "bullies" are up to now, I don't really care. Besides it's not like I hold a personal grudge against them or whatever. We were all young and stupid, sh*t happens. As far as I'm concerned I just want to erase any memories of them out my head and live my (much happier) life without them

:biggrin:
Reply 15
Why? Hmm let's see... I was myself. I refused to become a "sheep" like the rest, and of course at school that makes you a primary target for bullies. At around age 12-14 I started deliberately isolating myself from my group because they were a bunch of bitchy backbiters, and that wasn't who I am. I didnt want to become like them, so I left them. Turns out that just made the whole thing worse lol

So yeah from age 12 till 16 I was basically known as the "weird" kid all because I didn't conform and disagreed with the stuff the majority of people did. At sixth form, it got so much better because people started thinking for themselves and everyone wasn't the same anymore. I found friends and wasn't bullied anymore.

I don't really want to know what the "bullies" are up to now, I don't really care. Besides it's not like I hold a personal grudge against them or whatever. We were all young and stupid, sh*t happens. As far as I'm concerned I just want to erase any memories of them out my head and live my (much happier) life without them

:biggrin:

Isn't it great to be out of that prison.
Definitely not, I hated school so much, i think college is my favourite so far :smile:
Original post by ApeMob
Isn't it great to be out of that prison.

Yes. Oh god almighty yes.

I would rather chop off my right limb than go back to that hellhole
Reply 18
Haha, no. Quite the opposite. Years 7 to 11 (inclusive) were by far the very worst years of my life. Academically, I made huge achievements, but that's not relevant here. Years 12 and 13 were probably the best 2 years of my life, studying A levels at one of the very best grammar schools in the country was one hell of an experience, won't forget it, was truly brilliant.
Reply 19
If 6th form is the pinnacle of life then what is coming next? :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest