The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU PGCE Primary 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jianson
Seems a bit pointless asking for them back though they'll be a bit worn out! Should just let us keep them :biggrin:

I think that we are the second year that will be getting them so they will already be a bit worn out! I'm looking forward to having one, beats carrying a laptop around all the time!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
So up for an iPad even if its for a year!
I have no idea how to set out my display though gonna do some reading on what a display needs :/
Original post by Jonnyp1504
So up for an iPad even if its for a year!
I have no idea how to set out my display though gonna do some reading on what a display needs :/

Yeah sounds like a lot of people are confused about that! Lucky for me I don't have to do one :biggrin:
Reply 63
I'm so nervous about starting! 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
I think it just has to be fun, colourful and have a sneaky point about education in there ha
From what I've read about most people doing them they're just doing a sketch
Reply 65
Where have you guys heard about doing a display thing? :s I haven't heard about this at all
Reply 66
Pre-course English Task
Browse through a range of children’s books, choose 3 books from the four age ranges of EYFS (3-5) KS1 (6-7) LKS2 (8-9) UKS2 (10-11) and read them. Select one of these texts and plan a display around the book. Come prepared to take part in a group discussion about your chosen book and planned display (support with props as you wish).
Our discussion will focus on the question: What learning would this text support?

This is the task that is on my MMU welcome page. It says to choose one book from the three. Still a little confused about the display part though :/
Reply 67
Original post by lil88
Pre-course English Task
Browse through a range of children’s books, choose 3 books from the four age ranges of EYFS (3-5) KS1 (6-7) LKS2 (8-9) UKS2 (10-11) and read them. Select one of these texts and plan a display around the book. Come prepared to take part in a group discussion about your chosen book and planned display (support with props as you wish).
Our discussion will focus on the question: What learning would this text support?

This is the task that is on my MMU welcome page. It says to choose one book from the three. Still a little confused about the display part though :/

Oh wow I haven't seen that, thank you! I'm presuming it won't be for the induction week but for when we start lectures?
Reply 68
Original post by Lyd_1992
Oh wow I haven't seen that, thank you! I'm presuming it won't be for the induction week but for when we start lectures?

It's for the Primary PGCE at the Birley Campus. It's probably for lectures when we officially start, but unsure :/

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by lil88
It's for the Primary PGCE at the Birley Campus. It's probably for lectures when we officially start, but unsure :/

Ah okay, I'm at Crewe campus so maybe we're different. I've logged in on my welcome page and can't see it anywhere. Thanks for your help :smile:
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else's campus has suddenly changed? I'm doing PGCE School Direct Primary and when I enrolled online it came up with Birley and all the information about that (including the display task discussed above), I've just gone on again today and it's all changed to the information for the Crewe campus! It's a bit strange and I was just wondering if it had happened to anyone else?

Kirst
Hi :smile:
I am starting my early years pgce at crewe campus on wednesday - just been reading through all of the posts and saw that on some of your induction timetable it says ipad collection - mine doesn't :frown: I'm gutted! They told us on the interview we get them - and I was soo excited!
Hope everyone is getting on ok with the tasks - I have also had the email about the classroom display but nothing about that on my welcome page!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending