The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey, Happy Birthday!

Won't AS/A2 results day be the 23rd of August, it's always the last but one thursday of August. GCSE results are always the last thursday of August which will be the 30th next year. I'm pretty sure this is right. In which case you may be lucky.

Edit: Sorry, I stand corrected, the last thursday this month is the 31st, it would seem results day is going to be your birthday next year.
Reply 41
I think I beat you to it :biggrin: lol
Reply 42
[rainbow]Happy Birthday Robbie![/rainbow]
Reply 43
:frown: :confused: IM GUNA RUN TO THE TOILET AND OPEN THEM BY MYSELF! LOL NAH I REALLY WANA DO DAT BUT I RECKON IL RIP IT OPEN THE MOMENT I GET IT, IM SO NERVOUS ITS UNREAL!
brimstone
[rainbow]Happy Birthday Robbie![/rainbow]

You copied my rainbow text :hmmm:

His name is Robbie? I didn't know that.... :p:
Reply 45
Excalibur

:redface: ... :wink:

:hahaha: I knew it! I :love: that name :smile:
Reply 46
I think I'll have a quick look and then go and talk to everyone else at school. Even though people will think I should have done better, they'll find out anyway, and everyone's in the same position. Then I'm going back to a friend's house with about 20 others for a comiseration/celebration BBQ.

I'm so scared it's ridiculous :frown: And really, I have no need to be, I need 6 Bs, that's all...
Reply 47
Ceti
I'm at Leeds festival on the results day, and my results will be mailed to my house. I reckon I might ask my parents to text or phone me my results, less spectacular or exciting, but atleast I'll know my results.

i was going to go to Leeds on the wednesday, but decided i couldn't wait that long for my results and i don't want my parents reading them to me over the phone. so some of my friends are going down on the wednesday to get good tent places, then me and one of my friends are getting to school at 9am, getting our(and a couple of other people's)results, then getting on the first train to Leeds!
Reply 48
Excalibur

Yeah, I told people in the Back Room a while back, brimstone kept on bugging me until I told him. It's not Robbie (he just likes to put -ie at the end of each name; it is Robert).
Happy birthday Cataclysm! Many happy returns and all that!

*Secretly annoyed that yet another person is 16 before me :p:*

I hope I'll be able to hold out and open my results in a corner, and not just tear them open quickly to get it over with... ah well, we'll see.
splorgie
Happy birthday Cataclysm! Many happy returns and all that!

*Secretly annoyed that yet another person is 16 before me :p:*

I hope I'll be able to hold out and open my results in a corner, and not just tear them open quickly to get it over with... ah well, we'll see.

Hang on, you're still 15 but your birthday is in October... did you skip a year? :smile:
Reply 51
run hommeee
and open
lol
Excalibur

By the way, doraemon is definitely the best character of all time :p:

I didn't even know they had that over here..Off-topic, sorry..
marshmallow_mayhem
I didn't even know they had that over here..Off-topic, sorry..

No, I don't think they do; I was watching/reading it in Japanese. :smile:
Reply 54
I have discovered that my school doesn't actually give us envelopes and instead puts all the results out on a desk. I find this irksome, to say the least. :frown:
How big is the envelope: A4, or A5?
Reply 56
Protruding _ahead
How big is the envelope: A4, or A5?

I think it will be A4 as some exam boards use an A5 slip whereas others use an A4 one.
Im going to rip it open as SOON as i get it, regardless of who is near me :biggrin: I just want to see these damn results now :frown: Everytime I go past the WJEC office in cardiff I feel leaping out of the car and visciously attacking all the exam markers! I just want to knowww :frown:
Then in the night im going to a massive house party to get smashed- I just don't know if it will be in celebration or a way of drowning my sorrows :biggrin: But it's all good hehe.
Reply 58
I'll be getting my results late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, when I get back from holiday :frown: I'll probably take the envelope and open it somewhere quiet... I don't want to do it with my entire family looking over my shoulder. I don't like the thought of having to wait a few more days than everyone else either...
Reply 59
From what I've heard, in our school we have no choice. They wont be in envelopes. Instead, a few teachers will have the results and then one by one we will have to sit down with them and they will tell us what we have and then discuss them all.

I hope that's not true because that sounds terrible. I'd much rather open the envelope with my friends, not sit down with a teacher to find out and discuss. :frown:

Latest