The Student Room Group

Shes hiding a text from me

My gf came over, just as she was leaving, she checked her phone and she got a text message. She started acting really nervous and tried kissing me and trying to take my mind of it. Im not stupid, i asked her to show it to me 5 times, she wouldnt, she finally showed who the message was from and it was from a this old lady she knows very well. It came up as Tracy (and there was something else, but i couldnt read it) i told her to open the message she said "thats for me know what she text me"

Now as im not stupid, i think this is what happened

- That old lady who "text her" is roughly 70, i doubt she would text a 19 year old girl
- Why is the name saved under tracy and something else beside it? why not just tracy
- She wouldnt open the message, because, i think, its a bloke and she obviously saved his contact name under Tracy so i would think its actually Tracy.

I cannot accuse her without any proof, what do you guys think?
You insinuated she was cheating, she denied it. So it's your move isn't it.

In my entire life I've never asked to see a partner's texts because that's an invasion of their privacy. And I only have relationships with people I trust. You don't trust your girlfriend. And for that reason alone, you should probably call it quits.

Personally I doubt she's having an affair, but like everyone else who answers your post I have no special insight into a perfect stranger's communications. Yet when trust is gone (for whatever reason), it's hard to recover and it ultimately poisons everything, so you ought to save yourself some time and walk away now.
Reply 2
I'd hate to say it but it sounds as if there is something to hide-like you said why else would she be so reluctant to show it to you otherwise-I know how your probably feeling as I've had it done to me and the only way I found out the truth was just by asking them straight out,

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd be defensive if my boyfriend didn't trust me and started demanding to see my phone. If she hadn't given you any other sign something's going on, why assume she's cheating?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would generally say that it's probably nothing, and you're just invading her privacy, but as you said her behaviour changed it does suggest she may be hiding something.

I'd leave it for a while and try to forget about it, I wouldn't try stealing her phone/being overly pushy as if it is nothing, it could ruin the trust in the relationship. Leave it and just wait to see if there's any more suspicious behaviour, perhaps find some more solid evidence (which will appear if she is cheating) before confronting her.
Reply 5
Its the fact that she was typing her phone pin in to see the message and she saw me and she put the phone away, straight after she acted scared and nervous.
Original post by ChelseaFCCC
Its the fact that she was typing her phone pin in to see the message and she saw me and she put the phone away, straight after she acted scared and nervous.

Could be planning a surprise, do you have any events like birthdays coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

in July......
Reply 8
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

in July......
Reply 9
Why not just ask her what is going on rather than seeking our advice..
Original post by Zarek

you really think I haven't tried?
Original post by Lotus_Eater
You insinuated she was cheating, she denied it. So it's your move isn't it.

In my entire life I've never asked to see a partner's texts because that's an invasion of their privacy. And I only have relationships with people I trust. You don't trust your girlfriend. And for that reason alone, you should probably call it quits.

Personally I doubt she's having an affair, but like everyone else who answers your post I have no special insight into a perfect stranger's communications. Yet when trust is gone (for whatever reason), it's hard to recover and it ultimately poisons everything, so you ought to save yourself some time and walk away now.

Just this. 100% this. (PRSOM).
Original post by Zarek

you really think I haven't tried?
Reply 13
Sorry man. We were gonna tell you... Eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldnt show my partner my texts if he asked to see them, not because I have anything to hide but because he should be able to trust me

also I have texts from people I woudnt want to share as theyve said something personal/offensive (as in if I'd been annoyed and had a bitch)
My gf came over, just as she was leaving, she checked her phone and she got a text message. She started acting really nervous and tried kissing me and trying to take my mind of it. Im not stupid, i asked her to show it to me 5 times, she wouldnt, she finally showed who the message was from and it was from a this old lady she knows very well. It came up as Tracy (and there was something else, but i couldnt read it) i told her to open the message she said "thats for me know what she text me"

- That old lady who "text her" is roughly 70, i doubt she would text a 19 year old girl
- Why is the name saved under tracy and something else beside it? why not just tracy
- She wouldnt open the message, because, i think, its a bloke and she obviously saved his contact name under Tracy so i would think its actually Tracy.

- hide your phone
- tell her you cant find your phone and its on vibrate
-ask her to borrow hers and go round the house looking for it
-while shes thinking your busy calling your phone, youve got all the time to check her history

-If she doesnt let you borrow her phone for this then theres something wrong...

Based on your previous threads you're an insecure and terrible bf so I'm gonna put this down to that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending