The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Exceptional circumstances ???

Hi

I am at Aston University studying International Business and Management. This year I've been doing 12 modules in total and I've failed in 6 of them. One of them is 100% coursework based and I've got 35%. In other modules I've had exams and got around 25%. I know it is too bad but it was a terrible year and I've had a lot family issues. My dad came out of prison just before I started uni and he had hearings which I had to attend as well. I had to communicate with my dad's solicitor all the time because of his language barrier. I was looking for a job for him on the internet all over the year because he can't do it himself. I had to write a CV for him and there are many other things I was busy doing for him. All this affected me negatively I couldn't get the marks I wanted in my coursework, I could not concentrate and revise well for my exams and did really bad. Normally I am only allowed to fail in 4 modules in order to retake them in August but on the website it says if there are exceptional circumstances students may be allowed to be referred in up to 6 modules. I know I would do very well if they let me retake failed modules in August. I'm going to fill an exceptional circumstances form but I'm not sure if they would accept the things I talked about as an exceptional circumstance . Can anyone help ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
The only people who can say whether this will be accepted is your uni! However, they might find it strange that if this has been going on all year you've only just decided to tell them now.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
What was your a2 results like this can help?

Quick Reply

Latest