The Student Room Group

AS AQA Mathematics Statistics 1B MS1B June 2014

Scroll to see replies

For question 3.b) i swear you x3 because unlike the previous exam question like it where you x6 there were 3 completely different events whereas this time 2 of the events were the same so only 2 different events, so there were only 3 combinations rather than 6 combinations like before?
I think I got around 60-62 marks, is that probably a B?
Reply 102
Original post by Rebecca0184
I think I got around 60-62 marks, is that probably a B?

An A probably, boundaries are usually quite low for stats, like 54-58
guys does anyone know what that finding R uv question was all about and what the answer was? i got 1 but i know i messed up, just don't get what it was
Original post by paveen_rai
guys does anyone know what that finding R uv question was all about and what the answer was? i got 1 but i know i messed up, just don't get what it was

It was the same value as r that you got in the first part of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by winniestar57
It was the same value as r that you got in the first part of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

how were u supposed to work the first bit out? i used the sxy/root (sxx*syy) formula to get the pmcc but i got 1 as the answer and that can't be right can it :/
how were u supposed to work the first bit out? i used the sxy/root (sxx*syy) formula to get the pmcc but i got 1 as the answer and that can't be right can it :/

stick the u and v values given in the table into the calculator.

I used the values from the table and worked it out on the stats mode of the calculator

Posted from TSR Mobile

i just whipped it into my fat graphical and it gave me the answer straight away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending