The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RG110man
Whoever said these mocks are difficult, I'm very sorry but I have to disagree. I've just done both and marked them.

On paper 1: 77/100
On paper 2: 70/100
Total: 147/200 (Which I'm sure would definitely score me an A in the real thing)

This is better than I happen to have done on any other past paper. Is it just me who thinks these mock papers are easy?

Do you have the markschemes
http://www.bland.in/GCSE%20Maths/

This website has loads of exam style questions which are worth a try
hope it helps :smile:
i really want to get an A but i'm not motivated to revise so i know i'm gonna end up with a B. i hope it's easy so i can just fluke it. i got a B on the mock with no revision but i'm actually pretty bad at maths
Original post by thatgr
i really want to get an A but i'm not motivated to revise so i know i'm gonna end up with a B. i hope it's easy so i can just fluke it. i got a B on the mock with no revision but i'm actually pretty bad at maths

If you got a B with no revision then you're not bad at maths, haha! :smile:
Aim for the A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thatgr

This was me in year 10, did past papers now averaging A*s in my mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
If you got a B with no revision then you're not bad at maths, haha! :smile:

i think i just got lucky. i have dyscalculia so i was pretty terrible at maths until year 9 and then i began to catch up, in year 4 i had the equivalent math skills as a 2 year old or something like that
Original post by thatgr
i think i just got lucky. i have dyscalculia so i was pretty terrible at maths until year 9 and then i began to catch up, in year 4 i had the equivalent math skills as a 2 year old or something like that

Honestly just do past papers , the more questions the better that is if you don't want to do maths in the future , you'll get it :smile: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
tyvm :smile:

No problem... I definitely recommend everyone has a go at these mock papers. If our real exam is as easy as these papers I will be very happy, though I'm doubtful they will be as easy as these papers. We can all hope I suppose. :smile:
Original post by RG110man
No problem... I definitely recommend everyone has a go at these mock papers. If our real exam is as easy as these papers I will be very happy, though I'm doubtful they will be as easy as these papers. We can all hope I suppose. :smile:

All the papers are the same to me - most of the questions being fairly easy, and then just 2 or 3 questions that I don't understand, and take ages at attempting to guess.

Usually the middle of the paper is the hardest for me. :P
Reply 32
Mark scheme link?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azaaza
Mark scheme link?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mark schemes were posted above.
Started my revision last week, I been doing roughly 3-4 papers a day :smile:
Original post by TheBluePianist
Started my revision last week, I been doing roughly 3-4 papers a day :smile:

3-4 papers a day?

You'll run out pretty quickly - don't rush it. :P
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
3-4 papers a day?

You'll run out pretty quickly - don't rush it. :P

My maths teacher has given me loads and I have a massive pile of math questions that could last me at least a few months xD
Original post by violetvictorious
Is it only me that found that paper fairly easy? (The link) Serious question..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope... It's an easy paper, I'm sure lots of people found it easy
Original post by TheBluePianist
My maths teacher has given me loads and I have a massive pile of math questions that could last me at least a few months xD

Ah, okay. Still, I wouldn't do TOO much, though. :smile:
Original post by yamyam77
Right I've got a feeling that our exams are going to be really hard, like as hard as the November paper in June and the Mock Papers released by the exam board... Anyone have any good websites that go through the A/A* stuff?

Mathswatch offers pretty good tutorials but I think its £2 to get. Otherwise hegarty maths is a great free option (http://www.hegartymaths.com/ its similar to mygcsescience). There are specific mini exams on the A* topics (and more) at this website: http://keshgcsemaths.wordpress.com/ (click on maths takeaway). They also have videos for all the past papers going through them and how to work them out
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending