The Student Room Group

I'm scared, Will I be entitled to PIP? I was awarded DLA indefinitely

I was awarded about 3 years ago middle rate care and lower mobility.
I was awarded them indefinitely.

Now it's ridiculous that DLA is being phased out and been replaced with P.I.P .
As I am an existing claimant I like everybody else will have to apply for PIP with a chance of being rejected.

I am terrified and there is hardly a day goes by that I don't worry about it, I'm petrified of the whole PIP thingy.

What if I don't get anything, or if i get less or even a fixed award instead of another indefinite award?
I have Dyspraxia - A lifelong condition , it has something to do with neurology or something as well I believe ?

So do you think I will get PIP and about the same amount of money and for an indefinite period ?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What the ****?? You get DLA for dyspraxia? I'm dyspraxic as well and know three other dyspraxics and there's no reason at all why we should be entitled to DLA...
Reply 2
Original post by RioFantastic
What the ****?? You get DLA for dyspraxia? I'm dyspraxic as well and know three other dyspraxics and there's no reason at all why we should be entitled to DLA...

Yes, Dyspraxia affects people in different ways, you sound jealous :confused:
The standards are basically identical, so you'll almost certainly get something. It might be a little lower, but probably not by much.
What exactly is PIP??? I don't really tend to get much news about British economics out here ....
Reply 5
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
What exactly is PIP??? I don't really tend to get much news about British economics out here ....

Personal Independent Payment also known as P.I.P.

Some say it is a government ploy to cut costs and save money, it is in replacement of DLA- Disability Living Allowance,
Reply 6
Original post by BlueSam3
The standards are basically identical, so you'll almost certainly get something. It might be a little lower, but probably not by much.

Thanks.

If I do get P.I.P. but only get entitled to one component I could lose between £100 to £200 per month!
It's ridiculous, I was awarded it forever and now it's being phased out by stupid P.I.P

Thanks for your help, fingers crossed it'll work out well for me
Original post by Ice drink
Thanks.

If I do get P.I.P. but only get entitled to one component I could lose between £100 to £200 per month!
It's ridiculous, I was awarded it forever and now it's being phased out by stupid P.I.P

If you want my advice, go to the doctors, and despite everything you're saying - get some evidence, you will need it if you want to fight against any cuts they are giving you.
Thanks.

If you want my advice, go to the doctors, and despite everything you're saying - get some evidence, you will need it if you want to fight against any cuts they are giving you.
You might have nothing to woory about. Have a check here https://www.gov.uk/pip-checker
Reply 10

well the doctor will have evidence from about 3 years back from when I re-applied to DLA
Reply 11
Original post by WoodyMKC
You might have nothing to woory about. Have a check here https://www.gov.uk/pip-checker

I knew that anyway, that I won't be contacted until earliest October 2015 but I still can't stop the constant worrying thingy
well the doctor will have evidence from about 3 years back from when I re-applied to DLA

You'll need something more recent - i.e. a check up now.
Reply 13
You'll need something more recent - i.e. a check up now.

Well, I won't be contacted to make the claim to PIP until at least October 2015, could I just see the Doctor a few months before instead of now?

edit I am Dyspraxix, It is a lifelong condition that has basically remained the same as from when I last thingied

my thoughts- I am and I wouldn't even think of claiming DLA, I'd feel like I was cheating the system if I did (but then I've always wanted to be treated the same as everyone else and not get any extra help)
Original post by jelly1000
my thoughts- I am and I wouldn't even think of claiming DLA, I'd feel like I was cheating the system if I did (but then I've always wanted to be treated the same as everyone else and not get any extra help)

Same here. I have no idea why dyspraxia should stop anyone from getting a job/contributing to society.

Yes, Dyspraxia affects people in different ways, you sound jealous :confused:

If you don't mind me asking, pray tell why your dyspraxia entitles you to DLA. If you're too frightened or stressed to answer than thats fine, I understand that the prospect of not living off of the taxpayer and actually getting a job must be completely terrifying.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by riofantastic
same here. I have no idea why dyspraxia should stop anyone from getting a job/contributing to society.

if you don't mind me asking, pray tell why your dyspraxia entitles you to dla. If you're too frightened or stressed to answer than thats fine, i understand that the prospect of not living off of the taxpayer and actually getting a job must be completely terrifying.

You complete dicktwat, recieving dla does not mean you are unable to get a job, it's just extra money to help with your life
see above you fool
(edited 9 years ago)
You complete dicktwat, recieving dla does not mean you are unable to get a job, it's just extra money to help with your life
see above you fool

You didn't answer my question. Why do you think your dyspraxia entitles you to DLA?
You didn't answer my question. Why do you think your dyspraxia entitles you to DLA?

Because he was assessed by a professional, who declared that it did.
Original post by BlueSam3
Because he was assessed by a professional, who declared that it did.

He was assessed by a professional who declared him dyspraxic. I'm trying to find out how his dyspraxia causes sufficient hindrance to his life to firstly be called a "disability" at all and secondly to require him to need disability living allowance. I'm dyspraxic myself and know two others dyspraxics, one has it mildly and the other very severe, mine is quite severe as well but none of us need DLA. As the other dyspraxic in the thread said, I wouldn't dream of trying to claim taxpayer's money just for dyspraxia, I think it's disgusting that the OP has done and the way he deflected my question about why he thinks he needs it makes me think he's playing the system at the expense of the taxpayer.

This opinion has just been reinforced by him repeating how he's "terrified" of even being put into a lower bracket. He clearly doesn't have a job, he claims for a condition that in 99% of cases doesn't merit DLA, and he posts here about how he's petrified of losing out on sponging so much money off of the system - I'm shocked I'm the only one who's a little angered by this.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest