The Student Room Group

HELP!!!

DOES any one know what is going to come up in the GCSE AQA mathematics (linear) calculator and non-calculator as well as on the OCR additional Science B (All the 3's and 4's)
Reply 1
Original post by daudyyy
DOES any one know what is going to come up in the GCSE AQA mathematics (linear) calculator and non-calculator as well as on the OCR additional Science B (All the 3's and 4's)

Well, no-one can guarantee what will be in the exam, unless they write the exam - so that people can't cheat. However someone may be able to give an idea. I don't have a clue as I'm on a different exam board.
Of course they don't. Anything anyone says on here is nothing but guesswork and if you follow that and only revise those topics, you are setting yourself up for disaster in the exam.
Reply 3
But some people work in a school and they (teachers) look at the paper and they tell others (imply) what the questions will be. So is there anyone like that round here???
Reply 4
What a question !
Reply 5
Original post by daudyyy
But some people work in a school and they (teachers) look at the paper and they tell others (imply) what the questions will be. So is there anyone like that round here???

Nobody has any idea, it is all just guesswork sorry :smile:
Original post by daudyyy

Exam papers arrive in a sealed package which must be opened in the presence of the candidates by the exams officers. Teachers do not know what is on the paper before the candidates do.
Reply 7
Exam officers do not come in to the school, there is a chance that they may decide to come in to the school that day.
Reply 8
So, therefore I am wondering if anyone knows what is going to come in the near future.
Original post by daudyyy
Exam officers do not come in to the school, there is a chance that they may decide to come in to the school that day.

The exams officer is the person employed by the school to administer exams. You appear to be thinking of an inspector, although quite what you are thinking about them is unclear.
Reply 10
Original post by carnationlilyrose
The exams officer is the person employed by the school to administer exams. You appear to be thinking of an inspector, although quite what you are thinking about them is unclear.

He's thinking that they're going to risk their job to help someone on the Internet they don't know and who can't even type in coherent sentences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
He's thinking that they're going to risk their job to help someone on the Internet they don't know and who can't even type in coherent sentences

Posted from TSR Mobile

Foolish boy.
Re maths:
Just about everything you have learnt in year 10 and 11 will be on one or other paper with the exception of a few A/A* topics they don't have room for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
i know people who have risked their jobs and yet have still survived.
I don't understand where this concept of "knowing what's going to come up in the exam" has come from. No one knows what's on the exam, the first person (other than the writers of the exam) to see the paper is you, the students, so how can anyone else tell you what's going to come up? And besides, realistically who would risk their job to tell someone they don't even know what's going to come up on the paper?! Its absurd!
Reply 15
Heres some of the TOPICS which will come up:

Ratio
Factorising
Pythagoras
Trigonometry
Angles
Compound Interest
Fractions
Simultaneous Equations
Equations
Problem Questions