The Student Room Group

did bad in my science controlled assesment... has any1 else had this

its 25% of my final grade and I managed to get 13% of it , I know its bad its a D! but I did it 2 years ago and cant retake it. I am an A* student, do I still stand a chance of getting aan A ? and has this happened to any one else ?

Reply 1
Original post by ellaKrives
its 25% of my final grade and I managed to get 13% of it , I know its bad its a D! but I did it 2 years ago and cant retake it. I am an A* student, do I still stand a chance of getting aan A ? and has this happened to any one else ?

Mathematically speaking its possible to get as high as 88% - and that's saying you get full marks in the exam - that means if you get 95% of each exam (the average A*) - that's 23.75% of the final grade (assuming there's three exams equally split - so times that by three and you've got 71.25% - plus the 13% and that's 84.25% - if I'm not mistaken that's a safe A
Reply 2
Original post by Andy98
Mathematically speaking its possible to get as high as 88% - and that's saying you get full marks in the exam - that means if you get 95% of each exam (the average A*) - that's 23.75% of the final grade (assuming there's three exams equally split - so times that by three and you've got 71.25% - plus the 13% and that's 84.25% - if I'm not mistaken that's a safe A

yes an A* star lol thanks :smile:
Reply 3
yes an A* star lol thanks :smile:

No problem:biggrin:

Are you on edexcel? If so you need 256 ums for an A, so with getting 42 ums on your controlled assessment you need 71, 71, and 72 ums on each exams to scrape an A overall. 72 ums is an A*, 71 a very high A.
Original post by hilarysusan
Are you on edexcel? If so you need 256 ums for an A, so with getting 42 ums on your controlled assessment you need 71, 71, and 72 ums on each exams to scrape an A overall. 72 ums is an A*, 71 a very high A.

yep but you can't get 71 ums... its either 70 or 72... so technically you need 3 A*'s and if you get even one 70 then your screwed :3 its doable though
Original post by Angelo12231
yep but you can't get 71 ums... its either 70 or 72... so technically you need 3 A*'s and if you get even one 70 then your screwed :3 its doable though

You can get 71 ums as I got it in my physics exam last year?
Original post by hilarysusan
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest