The Student Room Group

The dancers thread :)

Any one else a dancer, since there are threads for other sports such as tennis ??
What types of dance do you do , I do tap and modern at the moment but have done ballet and jazz in the past ! been a dancer for 10 years
Also what is you guys favourite thing about dance mine is doing performances and satisfaction :smile:
Original post by Phoebe Joan xo
Any one else a dancer, since there are threads for other sports such as tennis ??
What types of dance do you do , I do tap and modern at the moment but have done ballet and jazz in the past ! been a dancer for 10 years
Also what is you guys favourite thing about dance mine is doing performances and satisfaction :smile:

I do tap and I also go to a fusion class so we do a mixture there including, jazz, hip-hop and we have done break before, failed at it though. I loveeee jazz and tap. I love doing the performances too! hehe.
Hey guys, I've danced for 11 years now. I do tap ballet and modern. ISTD..
I did double dance at college studying contemporary and a bit of urban.. Are any of you studying dance at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by darcyrainger
Hey guys, I've danced for 11 years now. I do tap ballet and modern. ISTD..
I did double dance at college studying contemporary and a bit of urban.. Are any of you studying dance at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No im not, though some people from my dance school are .. we have a mix of students that do it vocationally who want to pursue it in some way related to a career or just are have it as a very serious hobby. And others like myself who dont want to do it in the future. I love how creative it is but i feel like its such a pressurised industry. I have never taken dance exams ... i wasnt given the opportunity to for the first 3 years of dance and then when i was .. i didnt feel confident enough or didnt want them to interfere with gcses and alevels. I have a friend who is doing double dance and art and drama/performing arts. Some girls have done traditional a level subjects such as geography and english but still got into dance uni courses because they have kept up the extra curricular dance work, its a combination of talent and hard work.

Quick Reply

Latest