The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aww sweetie, how old are you?

No the average woman in the uk is about 5ft 4, so you are quite short...but do not worry what others think, if you carry yourself well and with confidence you will appear much taller...:biggrin:
Girls tend to stop at 18, I stopped when I was about 15 and I am 5ft 7.
Drink lots of milk, take vitamin d supplements and eat lots of veg and protein...
Original post by Lakesx

No the average woman in the uk is about 5ft 4, so you are quite short...but do not worry what others think, if you carry yourself well and with confidence you will appear much taller...:biggrin:
Drink lots of milk, take vitamin d supplements and eat lots of veg and protein...

I guess I have a while to grow :/
Reply 3
Well im 5'4 - 5'5 and a guy (I'm 23), and I am considered short by some. I like my height though. And I prefer smaller girls. So taking that into consideration, your height is better than good in my eyes, its preferable.
Original post by Lakesx

Does Vitamin D really help 0_O
Well, at least you're taller than Prince
Original post by Shokz
Well im 5'4 - 5'5 and a guy (I'm 23), and I am considered short by some. I like my height though. And I prefer smaller girls. So taking that into consideration, your height is better than good in my eyes, its preferable.

By some? Who considers you to be tall?
Reply 7
LOL.
It is short. I'm 5'2 and I regularly get called short. However if you're under 18 (?) you can still grow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what's wrong with being short? girls are meant to be short
Original post by bluemonkey100
Well, at least you're taller than Prince

Which Prince :'O
yeah 5 ft 1 is short, i'm 5ft and a lot of the kids in the primary school i work in reach my shoulders lol
Reply 12
Original post by Viva Emptiness
By some? Who considers you to be tall?

Nobody considers me tall, ha.
Someone I knew called me short earlier this year. And 5+ years ago I recall someone else I knew calling me short. Barring these 2 incidents off the top of my head - nobody says anything to me about my height. Hence why I said some, even that, 2 people don't even qualify as 'some'. I personally like my height, not worried about what other people think.
Original post by donutaud15
It is short. I'm 5'2 and I regularly get called short. However if you're under 18 (?) you can still grow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is an average height for you then :smile:
Original post by zippity.doodah
what's wrong with being short? girls are meant to be short

Well... Not that short it's horrible. It makes you feel like a 10 year old :frown:
Reply 15
who told you that? :lol:

Petite girls are cute though.
Reply 16
Most people carry on growing 'til 18, sometimes 'til a year or so after, too. I stopped growing at around 14 at a solid not-quite 5'1", haha. If you don't grow any more, don't worry about it. Apart from good-natured teasing from friends and colleagues I've encountered no* issues with being short. With you only being 15, you've probably got some growing left in you. Depends on genetics too, I've got a short family so it's not surprising that I'm not towering over anyone.

*Except when I was assistant manager at a store and the lock was out of reach so I had to rely on the people leaving the night before to leave the stool out behind the shutter so I could open the door, xD.
I'm 5'9 and I'm shorter than many of my friends.
Original post by Tai Ga
who told you that? :lol:

Petite girls are cute though.

It's really not.. It's quite frustrating when you get mistaken as a Yr 8 or Yr 7 :rolleyes:
You're 15.

You haven't finished growing yet, quit worrying.

Latest