The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Mathematics 2014-2015 :: Discussion Thread

Thought that I would start this off early. Don't forget to view the threads from the previous years for some great tips.

Here is the link to the resources supplied by Hype En Ecosse last year:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2435705&highlight=advanced+higher+maths+2013-14

Link to Past papers supplied by TheFOMaster:

http://maths777.weebly.com/exam-papers-and-solutions-20001---pre-cfe.html
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Shubbin'. Edit in the links from last years thread into the OP, it makes everyones life easier.
Reply 2
Checking in. Is everyone else starting the course before Summer? Starting on the 9th of June here
Reply 3
Original post by notciaran
Checking in. Is everyone else starting the course before Summer? Starting on the 9th of June here

Before summer here too, Sixth Year inductions on 3rd of June, right into courses on the 4th...
Reply 4
Original post by LMcCallum
Before summer here too, Sixth Year inductions on 3rd of June, right into courses on the 4th...

You start before the exams are even finished! Politics isn't till the 6th.
Reply 5
You start before the exams are even finished! Politics isn't till the 6th.

I didn't know of this... Are all schools particularly lenient about this or something? Because that sounds like a difficult rule to enforce, especially if you're like me and you're self studying one of your subjects for the next year.
Reply 6
I didn't know of this... Are all schools particularly lenient about this or something? Because that sounds like a difficult rule to enforce, especially if you're like me and you're self studying one of your subjects for the next year.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I just assumed that all schools resumed after study leave had finished, with study leave finishing when the final exam does. Im self studying a subject next year as well, what one are you doing?
Reply 7
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I just assumed that all schools resumed after study leave had finished, with study leave finishing when the final exam does. Im self studying a subject next year as well, what one are you doing?

Oh I see what you mean now, yeah I don't think we have a politics dept. in our school so study leave only runs until next Friday for us.

I'm self studying Adv. Higher Physics :s-smilie:... What about you?
Reply 8
Oh I see what you mean now, yeah I don't think we have a politics dept. in our school so study leave only runs until next Friday for us.

I'm self studying Adv. Higher Physics :s-smilie:... What about you?

Ah right, at my school it's a history teacher that runs the class and only about 15 take it.

Advanced Higher Econimics, currently trying to learn the higher course before the summer holidays :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've already started studying the course, I found the scholar materials on the internet. :redface:

Here they are, for those of you who want to start super early. :smile:
Unit 1
Unit 2
Unit 3
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't start sixth year until August then..
This year will be fun :/
Starting 6th year on the 2nd of June. Doing AH maths, chemistry and biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm starting on the 4th too, and I think the teachers will start by just revising old stuff so it'll be a nice few days :smile:
Though I'm away for the school week from the 15th up at Strathclyde so I'll be missing school, what a shame that'll be...
I'm (hopefully) doing AH Maths, Chemistry and Physics and Higher Music, should be a fun year :biggrin: and so good to be back in the music department, I've missed it this year :'(
Reply 13
Original post by TheFOMaster
Shubbin'. Edit in the links from last years thread into the OP, it makes everyones life easier.

Done.
Original post by RetroBhoy
Done.

You linked to Higher not AH :tongue: And actually put the resources in the OP! Just quote Scott's post from last year and copy paste!
Starting 6th year this week! Got induction day on Wednesday then in the classroom on Thursday (funnily enough, period 1 is Advanced Maths!)

It's going to be strange for me since I've had the same maths teacher from 1st year till 5th year but she doesn't teach AH so I've got 2 teachers I've never had before :frown:

Think I'm going to start looking over some stuff at the very beginning of unit 1 just for the lols :3
Well this thread makes me feel ancient :tongue: Good luck with the course! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by TheFOMaster
You linked to Higher not AH :tongue: And actually put the resources in the OP! Just quote Scott's post from last year and copy paste!

I have added the links. Could you have a look please.
Reply 18

Induction day on the 3rd June, courses begin on the 4th but I have an exam on the 5th, my school has really messed things up there
Original post by caralong
Induction day on the 3rd June, courses begin on the 4th but I have an exam on the 5th, my school has really messed things up there

Are you still expected to show up for the 3rd and 4th? It's not been an issue this year at my school because the exams have been moved forward but last year we started on the 3rd while people still had Art and RMPS so they were allowed to stay off until their exam.
Good luck with it though :smile: What exam is it? Politics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending