The Student Room Group

Can I ring the police?

My dads came in drunk and angry, he's threatened to kick me out of the house and lock the door. He's playing music really loud and singing at the top of his voice, we have my nephew here who's only 7 who's trying to sleep and he can't because of my dad.

I can't tell him to turn it off because he'll probably get angry and kick off at me, my mum won't say anything cause she doesn't want to get angry.

I wanna leave and go to my other flat but he's downstairs and will see me leave and i'm nervous at what he'll say.

Can I ring the police or anything? I don't know what to do.
Ring a relative or someone thats close to the family, if that doesn't work then i would recommend ringing the police i hope you get out of the house and you and the nephew will be fine
Why do you want to ring the polîce? Your dad has not broken any laws :erm:
Reply 3
Original post by SweetNothing
My dads came in drunk and angry, he's threatened to kick me out of the house and lock the door. He's playing music really loud and singing at the top of his voice, we have my nephew here who's only 7 who's trying to sleep and he can't because of my dad.

I can't tell him to turn it off because he'll probably get angry and kick off at me, my mum won't say anything cause she doesn't want to get angry.

I wanna leave and go to my other flat but he's downstairs and will see me leave and i'm nervous at what he'll say.

If it's loud enough to be heard outside you could ring the police and have a chat about the situation and make sure that if they do come, they don't do anything but suggest that it was public nuisance or whatever the law is that stops people blasting music after 11pm. They should be able to ask questions like 'is there anyone else in the house?' and get round to hinting that he should calm down for the sake of everyone else in the house after they've pointed out that it's too loud for anyone nearby. It's up to you but the police can only say no.
Reply 4
Original post by SweetNothing

If you feel threatened by your relative, then in your rights as an individual, you're capable of calling the police and they may charge your father with an ASBO (Antisocial behaviour order). Attempt to proceed with your plan to go to your other flat, but if he isolates and threatens you with regards to this, call the police.
Call the police, pretend you're a neighbour complaining about the noise, have them come and sort it out.
Is he violent or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending