The Student Room Group

Edexcel Official FP1 Thread 2014

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering how many people on here we're doing FP1??

I know there's a thread for FP1-FP3 already but thought I'd start one of just for us so we have an idea of whoa doing it.

What do people find the hardest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
i do it, i don't like induction, but sometimes its okay. the rest is okay as well, with a few exceptions :smile: what about you
Original post by imyimy
i do it, i don't like induction, but sometimes its okay. the rest is okay as well, with a few exceptions :smile: what about you

Yeah neither do I :/

I really don't like matrices :/ I missed the whole chapter on matrices for a school trip so I'm trying to teach myself but it's really hard :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Yeah neither do I :/

I really don't like matrices :/ I missed the whole chapter on matrices for a school trip so I'm trying to teach myself but it's really hard :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

aw thats annoying:frown: idk about yours but my calculator can do matrix multiplication which is really good for checking your answers! on mine if you press mode theres a matrix button, and you can youtube a quick tutorial on how to use the function and it makes life 10x easier :smile:
I do it! I don't like proof by induction either! I also struggle with describing matrix transformations. The rest I am pretty confident with.
Reply 5
Am I the only one that likes proof by induction?

My least favourite part of fp1 is probably chapter 2, becuase it's so boring. The hardest questions they normally ask on the exam are usually complex numbers or parametric equations btw
Original post by imyimy
aw thats annoying:frown: idk about yours but my calculator can do matrix multiplication which is really good for checking your answers! on mine if you press mode theres a matrix button, and you can youtube a quick tutorial on how to use the function and it makes life 10x easier :smile:

Yeah my calculator does that too but it just takes forever :P I only use it when I have time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gome44
Am I the only one that likes proof by induction?

My least favourite part of fp1 is probably chapter 2, becuase it's so boring. The hardest questions they normally ask on the exam are usually complex numbers or parametric equations btw

Yeah I think you might be :P

Aha and I've noticed that too actually :')

I really want 75/75 on this paper so hoping all goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I would recommend doing the review exercise in the text book because the questions are a lot harder than others you will find, so if you can do them, the exam should be a breeze
Reply 9
Just to warn you, the last couple of parametric questions in the review exercise are an algebraic slog
Original post by Gome44
Just to warn you, the last couple of parametric questions in the review exercise are an algebraic slog

Ah that's great advice, I'll have a look at those thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest