The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Would you be happy with the idea of England becoming a minority White country?

Scroll to see replies

I'm reasonably certain that while there are physiological differences between races, these races are not the races referred to by most people (they have nothing to do with skin colour).

The races most people refer to are completely arbitrary groupings of people with no scientific basis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Oddly, perhaps, I would care more if white people were not the single largest racial group, albeit not one having a numerical majority, and even in imagined circumstances where the absolute percentage were lower.

For clarity:

White 45 and another race 55 = I don't like it.
White 40, Brown 20, Black 20, Yellow* 20 = I am happier than with the above.

*racist?
I'm not British, but I like the British way of life. I think as long as the culture doesn't change, skin colour or "race" shouldn't matter.
Reply 23
Quick Question. Since the poll talks about skin colour, is it only the immigration of non-whites that worries some people or immigration in general?
Original post by Numan786
As someone is a non white British guy ie born and bred in Britain, it pains me to know that how much I feel this country to be my home it will will never be seen as my home and this idea will not be accepted. I realised this as I grew older and now understand I can't really be British but for all it's worth I am glad of the things this country has done for me ie education and the likes.

I now hope to finish my education and possibly move to another country where my skin colour or place of origin will not determine how I am seen but rather my qualities and qualifications or how I can be a productive member of society may be recognised. Sadly there are not many places like this these days but I hope to find one :smile: I see nothing wrong with this country being majorly white British as it is your country and should remain so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Move to the USA; that is a country based fully on ideals, not race. :smile:
Reply 25
Unless something happens to dramatically decrease the white British population (which is the ethnic group the articles are referring to, not just skin colour), I'm confused as to where all the required living space jobs, resources etc would come from that would be required for that to happen? Because it would take an extremely large influx of other ethnic groups to make white British a minority group?

But I don't really have a problem with it, so long as resources and whatnot are available. What I do have a problem with is people not integrating into British society. Or whatever other country someone immigrates to. So, I have a problem with British people moving to Spain and not learning Spanish as much as I have a problem with a Spanish person moving to the UK and not learning English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sallyjimjam
Thank you for noting your racial group.

As i asked in the OP please can the rest of the respondents do this!

I am White.

PS-You being attracted to White girls and producing children with them isn't going to produce more of what you lust after.

Yes I know, but thankfully not being sexually attracted to my children is not much of a concern.
Original post by cambio wechsel
Oddly, perhaps, I would care more if white people were not the single largest racial group, albeit not one having a numerical majority, and even in imagined circumstances where the absolute percentage were lower.

For clarity:

White 45 and another race 55 = I don't like it.
White 40, Brown 20, Black 20, Yellow* 20 = I am happier than with the above.

*racist?

I feel the same way but cannot think of any rational justification aside from some primal xenophobia. How do you justify wanting your colour to be the 'largest racial group' without being a racist?
The thing is, the bulk of those non-white moving here happened in the 20th century. Yes, I would be shocked if the genetic and racial make up of a country changed in less than three generations. Everyone should find that shocking. Not to mention that 53 million whites would need 54 million + non-whites to then outnumber them. Do we really want a population of over 100 million in this country? Especially when the bulk of it will be focused on England, so that's even less space. We should be shocked at population growth.
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm reasonably certain that while there are physiological differences between races, these races are not the races referred to by most people (they have nothing to do with skin colour).

The races most people refer to are completely arbitrary groupings of people with no scientific basis.

Well the greatest genetic diversity of humanity occurs in Africa, which makes sense given that according to science, non-African human beings all have a relatively recent common ancestor (the evidence for this comes from mitochondrial DNA, I believe). So you are right in a sense, because a distinction between "black people" and "white people" is, phylogenetically speaking, less meaningful than a distinction between two different ethnic groups in Nigeria, say.
I'd be perfectly happy with white people becoming a minority in Britain (I'm pretty Aryan myself, but in my area seeing a white guy is pretty rare, so I guess I'm used to white-minority now).
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry, whites were the first to come here... it's their country. Always has been, always will be.

Let's make Nigeria or some other backwater/****hole a white country, and without cries of "neo-colonialism" or other such ****...

Seems because some people's ancestors were oppressed, no need for an infantile/baby view of life...
I like being British (whatever cultural ideals that involves), but I also appreciate that cultures change. British culture today is the result of hundreds of years of evolution, invasion and assimilation. If you asked a Victorian if they would approve of British culture circa 1970s, I'm sure they'd be outraged at the heterogeneity. The idea of a nation with one skin colour, one religion, one set of ideals and one menu sounds horrific.

Skin colour is irrelevant, but I don't think OP is basing this on skin colour so much as ethnicity. Perhaps the thread title should be changed. Also the poll answers are terribly biased in how they're worded.
Original post by felamaslen
Move to the USA; that is a country based fully on ideals, not race. :smile:

Hmm I've never been but I've heard that's worse than here in some places :/ are you from there?

I just wanna go some place where I can be myself and not made to feel like I don't belong :smile: though this country has done that greatly to a good extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Numan786
Hmm I've never been but I've heard that's worse than here in some places :/ are you from there?

I just wanna go some place where I can be myself and not made to feel like I don't belong :smile: though this country has done that greatly to a good extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not from America, no. And sure, racism is a huge problem there (although nowhere near as bad as it used to be). But nobody will say that being an American has anything to do with skin colour; it's just not discussed in that context.
Personally I wouldn't mind. I'm Polish but I've been living in the UK for 4 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zeropoint
I like being British (whatever cultural ideals that involves), but I also appreciate that cultures change. British culture today is the result of hundreds of years of evolution, invasion and assimilation. If you asked a Victorian if they would approve of British culture circa 1970s, I'm sure they'd be outraged at the heterogeneity. The idea of a nation with one skin colour, one religion, one set of ideals and one menu sounds horrific.

Skin colour is irrelevant, but I don't think OP is basing this on skin colour so much as ethnicity. Perhaps the thread title should be changed. Also the poll answers are terribly biased in how they're worded.

Yet many countries in the world are not so multi-racial. I see little wrong with cultural preservation, bar some baseless to advance change for change sake.
Original post by MangoFreak

Indeed there are physiological differences. Certain heart medications work a lot better with some races than others, for instance. But how does physiological difference impact a political discussion?
Original post by zeropoint
Indeed there are physiological differences. Certain heart medications work a lot better with some races than others, for instance. But how does physiological difference impact a political discussion?

Exactly? Whether a person "belongs" anywhere has nothing to do with their physiology, whether that be skin colour or the shape of their skull.
Original post by sallyjimjam
Back when England was 99% White i am sure there were those saying "it would be virtually impossible to decrease it"

Back when England was 90% White i am sure there were those saying "it would be virtually impossible to decrease it"

Back when America was 85.4% American Indian I am sure there were those saying "it would be virtually impossible to decrease it"

:rolleyes:

So because of white guilt, the UK should stop being a white country?

Latest

Trending

Trending