The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Would you be happy with the idea of England becoming a minority White country?

Poll

So then do you care?

Unlike the Islamic country poll this one isn't quite so hypothetical.

Current predictions are anywhere between 2027 and 2070.

Given the recent high levels of legal immigration, illegal immigration and asylum seekers I'd say it's fair to claim this will happen anytime between those 2 dates.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/white-britons-will-be-minority-before-2070-says-professor-8600262.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10032296/White-Britons-will-be-minority-by-2066-says-professor.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1561758/White-people-a-minority-by-2027.html

Can i ask one thing. If you are making a comment please provide your racial and ethnic background.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone who is not white and who supports massive non-white immigration into Britain is a racist.
Reply 2
I don't like the idea of that :/ Why should every other nation have their own country and people to go back to... except for the British?

It's not British but I don't plan to live here after I graduate uni - I want to go back to my own country Bulgaria. I respect that Britain is not my homeland and it's people deserve it. I think everyone feels happiest in the place where they can be around people with similar beliefs and traditions.
There should be immigrants, sure, but I think they should not come in large amounts. It feels like people are bringing their entire countries with them which is not a good thing.
Each country should have it's own identity- not get kicked out to suit the new people.

You know the quote? "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not bothered. This is not because, ''there's only one race, we all bleed red, anarchy, no borders blah blah...'', it is because skin colour is a trivial to me. Please edit the poll to provide that kind of opinion.

May you explain how white people becoming a minority is considered genocide? If white people make up a smaller percentage of the population then they don't suddenly 'disappear' - there are just more non-white people. This isn't genocide.

Original post by imtelling
Anyone who is not white and who supports massive non-white immigration into Britain is a racist.

How?
(edited 9 years ago)
To me, the idea of being emotionally invested in your skin colour seems a bit primitive. You never see people divided along the lines of what hand you write with or how tall you are.

That being said, looking at it objectively, if you do go along that route of dividing people based on skin colour/country of origin, and every people should have their own land to call home, the notion that one group moves to another land to live does strike me as a bit of a passive aggressive encroachment.

Edit: also, how is it really genocide? the same amount of white people are there at the end of the day, they're just in a lower density. That's like putting ribena in a cup and saying that by adding water you're destroying the ribena that was there before.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by SHallowvale
I'm not bothered. This is not because, ''there's only one race, we all bleed red, anarchy, no borders blah blah...'', it is because skin colour is a trivial to me?

Your "skin colour" genocide justification is lumped in with the anti-White rhetoric i have underlined
85.4% of England is White, I think it would be virtually impossible to decrease it.
Reply 7
Original post by InsertWittyName
To me, the idea of being emotionally invested in your skin colour seems a bit primitive. You never see people divided along the lines of what hand you write with or how tall you are.

Race does not equal "skin colour" That's just a silly strawman your politically correct religion invented.

The genocide law does not state that skin colours can be subject to genocide; it does however state that racial groups can.

Nice try though.
Reply 8
Original post by Kruz
85.4% of England is White, I think it would be virtually impossible to decrease it.

Back when England was 99% White i am sure there were those saying "it would be virtually impossible to decrease it"

Back when England was 90% White i am sure there were those saying "it would be virtually impossible to decrease it"

Back when America was 85.4% American Indian I am sure there were those saying "it would be virtually impossible to decrease it"

:rolleyes:
I wouldn't be happy with the idea because that would necessitate a large increase in the population, and I don't think we have the infrastructure, healthcare etc. to cope with that.

Also, I've only ever been attracted to white girls so I would prefer it if there are more of them.

I think your poll is stupid.

I am mixed-race.
I don't care much but I wouldn't be too fond of the idea of being a minority. Something about it kind of scares me.
Original post by sallyjimjam
Race does not equal "skin colour" That's just a silly strawman your politically correct religion invented.

The genocide law does not state that skin colours can be subject to genocide; it does however state that racial groups can.

Nice try though.

The thread title refers to whites, not Caucasians. And seeing as skin colour is a common method of referring to races, I think my point is still valid.

Still, I think being emotionally invested in your race is also primitive.
Reply 12
Original post by tengentoppa
I wouldn't be happy with the idea because that would necessitate a large increase in the population, and I don't think we have the infrastructure, healthcare etc. to cope with that.

Also, I've only ever been attracted to white girls so I would prefer it if there are more of them.

I think your poll is stupid.

I am mixed-race.

Thank you for noting your racial group.

As i asked in the OP please can the rest of the respondents do this!

I am White.

PS-You being attracted to White girls and producing children with them isn't going to produce more of what you lust after.
Reply 13
Original post by InsertWittyName
The thread title refers to whites, not Caucasians. And seeing as skin colour is a common method of referring to races, I think my point is still valid.

Still, I think being emotionally invested in your race is also primitive.

Whites is a short hand synonym for White Europeans; it's common parlance.

Stop playing silly semantics here.
What an unbiased poll that is :colonhash:

I couldn't care less.

I would be called white, though I really, really fail to see how that defines me in any significant way.
I would not care, white is not synonymous with English. Also the options you have given are ridiculous, it looks like you have an agenda.
Whites is a short hand synonym for White Europeans; it's common parlance.

Stop playing silly semantics here.

I agree that it's semantics, I was under the impression that in my original post you'd just replace 'skin tone' with 'race'. I'm not an anthropologist so for me those words are interchangeable in a wibbley-wobbley unscientific way.

To me, the overall point I was trying to get at was the same regardless of which one you use- that it does all seem a bit tribal to me.
Your "skin colour" genocide justification is lumped in with the anti-White rhetoric i have underlined

How is it ''genocide''? How have I been ''anti-white''?

May you please provide an additional poll option (the one i've requested)?
As someone is a non white British guy ie born and bred in Britain, it pains me to know that how much I feel this country to be my home it will will never be seen as my home and this idea will not be accepted. I realised this as I grew older and now understand I can't really be British but for all it's worth I am glad of the things this country has done for me ie education and the likes.

I now hope to finish my education and possibly move to another country where my skin colour or place of origin will not determine how I am seen but rather my qualities and qualifications or how I can be a productive member of society may be recognised. Sadly there are not many places like this these days but I hope to find one :smile: I see nothing wrong with this country being majorly white British as it is your country and should remain so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
[QUOTE=InsertWittyName;47779505

To me, the overall point I was trying to get at was the same regardless of which one you use- that it does all seem a bit tribal to me.

Yes Grey squirrels taking over Red squirrels living space is a good thing, it's just silly and tribal of the Red squirrels to object to it.

Can you contact these guys for me and tell them! Cheers

http://rsst.org.uk/

Latest

Trending

Trending