The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Best halls at Carnatic Student Village Liverpool?

Hopefully going to uni of Liverpool this September if I get the grades!
I'm looking for sociable uni halls and from what I've seen online it seems like Carnatic is the one for me. Am a bit off by the lack of ensuites, I'm not used to sharing a bathroom with about 22 people.

Which halls in Carnatic are the nicest, incl food/facilities etc? Some people say McNair is pretty good but I've seen mixed reviews?

Out of curiosity, is the Greenbank student village that bad/stuck up as it seems to be online?

Thanks
Hiya! Im applying for carnatic too, I was convinced I wanted ensuite and selfcatered but the price of crown place was not in my favour! I'm applying for Rankin Hall, and its only 4/5 people per bathroom - still not great but not 22! Apparently lady mountford is the worst because the people are loud etc but that obviously depends on the people not the building. Good luck and see you in September :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
heyy! i'm applying for carnatic too. but i haven't yet decided which hall. :/
from what i looked up, lady mountford seems to be the worst with lots of "rowdy" kinda people. good luck with your results, hope to see you there! :biggrin:
Reply 3
heyyy!! i'm applying for carnatic too! As far as i looked up, lady mountford seems to be the worst cz there are a lot of
Original post by bee1232000
Hiya! Im applying for carnatic too, I was convinced I wanted ensuite and selfcatered but the price of crown place was not in my favour! I'm applying for Rankin Hall, and its only 4/5 people per bathroom - still not great but not 22! Apparently lady mountford is the worst because the people are loud etc but that obviously depends on the people not the building. Good luck and see you in September :smile:

Applied for Lady mountford! I hope it's not as bad as people make it out to be :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by moirareid
Hopefully going to uni of Liverpool this September if I get the grades!
I'm looking for sociable uni halls and from what I've seen online it seems like Carnatic is the one for me. Am a bit off by the lack of ensuites, I'm not used to sharing a bathroom with about 22 people.

Which halls in Carnatic are the nicest, incl food/facilities etc? Some people say McNair is pretty good but I've seen mixed reviews?

Out of curiosity, is the Greenbank student village that bad/stuck up as it seems to be online?

Thanks

In all honesty I'd say that Greenbank is better than Carnatic.
Reply 6
Original post by leumas9
In all honesty I'd say that Greenbank is better than Carnatic.

In what ways?
Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by bee1232000

Thanks for your help, good luck too!
Reply 8
Original post by moirareid
In what ways?
Thanks

The rooms etc are nicer, you get an ensuite bathroom, it's in a less rough area.
Reply 9
How much is a room in hall for two mounths out of term
Thanks
Kathy Hill

Quick Reply