The Student Room Group

Accomidation :(

Thankyou guys for the answers!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Trustno1
Hello

I would like to know if we have to pay for our accommodation during Easter and Christmas breaks? :s-smilie:

I searched on the university website but it doesn't state the number of weeks or if we have to pay or not for specific occasions

If it makes a difference I am applying for city university London East central house. I tried emailing them before about other questions but they never got back to me so I think it's pointless to ask them..

Thankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will say on the contract you apply for, most of them you do have to pay during easter and christmas breaks. The ones were you don't you have to move out and take all your stuff with you during the breaks and then move back in. It's just a hassle getting one of those contracts.
Reply 2
Original post by SophieSmall
It will say on the contract you apply for, most of them you do have to pay during easter and christmas breaks. The ones were you don't you have to move out and take all your stuff with you during the breaks and then move back in. It's just a hassle getting one of those contracts.

I get that it just seems so pointless I mean they have it empty from like July - September it won't kill then not to charge us during Easter and Christmas when they know most people won't be there :'(

So expensive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I get that it just seems so pointless I mean they have it empty from like July - September it won't kill then not to charge us during Easter and Christmas when they know most people won't be there :'(

So expensive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you rent a house in the real world and go on holiday, you still have to pay rent. Not everyone goes home at those times, I am only going home at Christmas for a week or so, so I'm glad to have a place.
Reply 4
Original post by PC2852
When you rent a house in the real world and go on holiday, you still have to pay rent. Not everyone goes home at those times, I am only going home at Christmas for a week or so, so I'm glad to have a place.

I guess that's also true too. Btw ii know you have to rent it in real world but this is a university accommodation was kinda hopping it wouldn't count but only cz mines ridiculously expensive or else I wouldn't be to fussed. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I guess that's also true too. Btw ii know you have to rent it in real world but this is a university accommodation was kinda hopping it wouldn't count but only cz mines ridiculously expensive or else I wouldn't be to fussed. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you not find anything cheaper? It looks very expensive.
Reply 6
Have you looked on the Rightmove Students website?

Fantastic little studios/rooms etc - I was actually surprised at how cheap they are.

And you won't have to worry about needing to move out. I believe it's just treated as a normal letting agreement.

Take a look

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Spelling :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by pryngles
Spelling :frown:

Pringles* :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by ElChapo
Pringles* :rolleyes:

Well played, sir...
It'll vary from uni to uni - some will, some won't, so we really can't give you a definitive answer.

However, the advantage of paying over xmas and easter is that you can leave all your stuff there, rather than having to move out and then move back in again a few weeks later.

So expensive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually unis rent out their accommodation to anyone or hold conferences etc over the Summer months so someone is always paying for the accommodation.

A landlord doesn't give a **** whether you're actually staying in a property or not, as long as you pay them and they can rent it out to the next people afterwards without having to do any work to the house they're happy. Why would uni's be any different?
Reply 12
Guys I got my reply I know I was being silly I guess I didn't think about the obvious factors

No need for more answers!

Thankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi what is the most reasonable price to pay for accommodation in london as a student?

and how much does it cost for travelling on the tube per term ?

Quick Reply

Latest