The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

A-LEVELS for CSM foundation?

Hi, im completely new here and don't know how this works but hope i am asking in the right page?forum?
im 20 this yr and took 2yrs gap well i did half year of a levels in textiles and art and had to leave due to medical/family reasons and could not continue my a levels and now im back to the uk. i always had plans to go into csm for fashion design. i was going to apply for foundation but to do foundation i at least need 1 alevel and i dont want to spend another 2 years just to get 1 alevel. so i found this course at west london college for 1 year (fashion diploma). i was wondering if csm accept diplomas? tutors in west london college said that this course will help me to get into doing BA. do you think if i did this 1 year course i'll be able to apply straight for undergraduate course at csm or will i be asked to do foundation for a year?

note: west london college fashion courses do the same qualification awarding body as UAL
Reply 1
Hey there

The best thing to do is to email CSM with this exact question; before I went to do my Foundation year I emailed Wimbledon and LCF to find out what I had to have qualifications wise to apply to do a BA.
They said a Foundation year so that's what I did; I was accepted to Foundation even though I only had AS levels so maybe email your local collages or UAL to find out what you need to get to Foundation - I know some places accept you if your portfolio is good.

Hope this helps
Rebeka x
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest