The Student Room Group

A Level Fine Art theme ideas?

I am thinking about basing my a level project on communication, looking at posters on controversial topics etc, however I don't know what else. Any ideas will be appreciated on this theme or any other thanks.
Ooh this sounds pretty similar to my personal study on politics in art :biggrin: maybe you could use some of the artists I looked at for inspiration. Banksy, Shepard Fairey and Micah Ian wright all deal with some fairly controversial topics in their work so maybe check them out and see if that helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RadishWadish
Ooh this sounds pretty similar to my personal study on politics in art :biggrin: maybe you could use some of the artists I looked at for inspiration. Banksy, Shepard Fairey and Micah Ian wright all deal with some fairly controversial topics in their work so maybe check them out and see if that helps. :smile:

Thanks so much! I'm already looking at Banksy and many other artists but I will include the other two! If you don't mind me asking what did you include in your topic?
Original post by julia1325
Thanks so much! I'm already looking at Banksy and many other artists but I will include the other two! If you don't mind me asking what did you include in your topic?

No problem :smile: there's a lot you can focus on really, I talked about why propaganda is an effective form persuasion, whether artists should be involved in expressing views on politics if they are misleading or biased, if propaganda should still be used today and whether it is a positive or negative thing.

I'll attach one of the documents I found from my project, maybe it'll be of some use to you.

Quick Reply

Latest