The Student Room Group

Arsey's C4 Edexcel revision and resources thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Arsey will not be posting solutions this year as he can't figure out how to do the cone question
Reply 81
Original post by Titus20
Arsey will not be posting solutions this year as he can't figure out how to do the cone question

hahaha good one :smile:
but yeah 9 marks for a question that was a first for me. I solved the question by using the integration via volume formula and then i didnt even know Q so i couldnt substitute in for volume, but you had to do something with that formula provided but I had no clue..
Reply 82
Original post by Ralphy2
I know dem feels..If I didn't leave out the binomial question (5marks) and the 5 mark question on caertesian stuff, proving this = that i would of easy got the A if not A*...always something to mess with me but oh well hehe, lets just see what Arsey has to say on the grade boundaries

Managed the binomial (I think) but couldn't do the 9 marker or indeed many of the other questions! Think I only need 60ums max for an A in maths luckily but Arseys ms won't help much seeing as the majority of my marks will come as method marks
After you found the volume from 0 to 3 you had to subtract the volume of the cone not needed
Cone radius = 2(y coordinate)
Cone height = 3-5/3( x coordinate of Q)
How much is lost for not dividing the area of a trapezium by half? I wrote the formula but just forgot to do it! Also if for the integral of 8/(2x-1)^3 i got 4/(2x-1)^2 would i loose both marks?

Thank you!
Original post by Arsey

In your model solutions for June 2006, Q7 is missing.
god bless posts like these
Reply 87
any tips for vectors?
Original post by Yua
any tips for vectors?

Draw a diagram. Makes it 10000x easier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending