The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vincentjack
Have you thought about why you're only attracted to slim girls? Don't you think that's a bit shallow?

Have you thought about why you're only attracted to one sex? Don't you think that's a bit shallow?

Hold on: aromantic asexuals aren't attracted to anyone at all. God, how self-absorbed.
Original post by Profesh
Have you thought about why you're only attracted to one sex? Don't you think that's a bit shallow?

Hold on: aromantic asexuals aren't attracted to anyone at all. God, how self-absorbed.

Except gender and weight are very very different things...

Saying "I'm only attracted to girls who maintain a certain body weight" is totally different to saying "I'm only attracted to females"
(edited 9 years ago)
Except gender and weight are very very different things...

Fig. A:

Fig. B:

Do you mean to imply that the latter are somehow less similar than the former?
Original post by Profesh
Fig. A:

Fig. B:

Do you mean to imply that the latter are somehow less similar than the former?

Lol where did you get that implication from...

You've taken this out of the context of OP's relationship - if you love someone I really don't see what their weight has to do with anything
(edited 9 years ago)
Id tell her. If its obvious youre no longer sexually interested at least let her know what the reason is.

She might think youre too shallow and end things, she might get totally down in the dumps abiut it, or it might be a kick up the ass and shell lose the weight for you.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol where did you get implication from...

If you accept love as being at all dependent on sexual attraction, and recognise that sexual attraction is frequently determined by aesthetics, and that aesthetics are necessarily informed by physical characteristics, then your assertion that 'weight and gender are very, very different' (i.e. trivial versus non-trivial) is debunked by my previous example wherein weight is shown to account for a greater physical disparity than gender.

Alternatively, in order to effectively contend that love should transcend sexual attraction, you must posit love as non-physical; in which case sex and weight are interchangeable.

So: either love is physical ergo sexual attraction (and therefore, weight) matters, or it's non-physical ergo sexual attraction (and therefore, gender) is of no consequence. All that your cognitive apathy has achieved in this scenario is to further cement the basic premise that individual conceptions of love are neither voluntary nor rational, and as such your sanctimonious comments towards the O.P. may be considered similarly devoid of sense, reason or objectivity.

You've taken this out of the context of OP's relationship - if you love someone I really don't see what their weight has to do with anything

No, you've taken this out of context of the human race; if you love someone I really don't see what their gender has to do with anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
If you accept love as being at all dependent on sexual attraction, and recognise that sexual attraction is frequently determined by aesthetics, and that aesthetics are necessarily informed by physical characteristics, then your assertion that 'weight and gender are very, very different' (i.e. trivial versus non-trivial) is debunked by my previous example wherein weight is shown to account for a greater physical disparity than gender.

Alternatively, in order to effectively contend that love should transcend sexual attraction, you must posit love as non-physical; in which case sex and weight are interchangeable.

So: either love is physical ergo sexual attraction (and therefore, weight) matters, or it's non-physical ergo sexual attraction (and therefore, gender) is of no consequence. All that your cognitive apathy has achieved in this scenario is to further cement the basic premise that individual conceptions of love are neither voluntary nor rational, and as such your sanctimonious comments towards the O.P. may be considered similarly devoid of sense, reason or objectivity.

No, you've taken this out of context of the human race; if you love someone I really don't see what their gender has to do with anything.

ok bye xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ok bye xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Be sure to pick up a bright yellow username on your way out.
Original post by Profesh
Be sure to pick up a bright yellow username on your way out.

Well, I enjoyed your post Profesh.

One of the few voices of sanity in an abyss of self pitying penis size threads.
Original post by suzannataylor
To be blunt, if you like skinny girls, go out with one! I know this must be difficult for you but it isn't fair to make your girlfriend feel bad about her body. A few years ago I have a boyfriend who told me that I should tone up more (I'm pretty small, size 8-10, don't have a lot of body fat at all) and I did because I wanted to please him but I just ended up feeling bad about myself. If you tell her that you don't find her attractive because of her weight, that is not going to do wonders for her self esteem.

Do you not understand that that still doesn't give him the right to tell her what to do with her body?

lol she was skinny when he first dated her.

If you love someone you'l try to make them happy anyway. Looking your best for them will make them happy. And yourself happy.

Your outlook is just a selfish one.

There are 2 types of people going into relationships:

A) "Great I'm in a relationship I can stop taking care of myself and enjoy all the perks. If they don't like it thats their problem."

B) "I want to make my partner happy and look my best for them. Making them happy makes me happy"
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol she was skinny when he first dated her.

If you love someone you'l try to make them happy anyway. Looking your best for them will make them happy. And yourself happy.

Your outlook is just a selfish one.

There are 2 types of people going into relationships:

A) "Great I'm in a relationship I can stop taking care of myself and enjoy all the perks. If they don't like it thats their problem."

B) "I want to make my partner happy and look my best for them. Making them happy makes me happy"

This is one of the best posts ever on this topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course. I spend a fortune on lingerie :wink: but I wouldn't go to the gym if someone asked me to (it's pretty expensive and working out if you're not totally into it is never going to be fun), and likewise I wouldn't stop lifting weights if my boyfriend didn't like it.

If cost is the problem you could go for runs and change your diet. Just because your partner encourages it doesn't mean you can't be totally into it. In the same way that you buy lingerie for your partner, but im sure you (of most girls do) actually enjoy it, feeling sexy and making their partner happy.
It seems you are in a horrible situation. How much weight she gain? You haven't mention about it? I think you lover her. You may talk to her straightly. Told her that you don't like fat girls. Suggest her to go to GYM. You may also consult with doctor.
Reply 113
The lovely very pretty girlfriend I'm in love with now is one in a million as a person but I've tried to ignore her weight for months, we get on so great together but the sex is ok but I need to make sure she has a shower, bath, etc. but three times now it's not just smell its finding poo on my fingers and penis during or after sex, this has put me off fat women and got nothing against them
Reply 114
When one partner piles on the weight I think it is just selfish behaviour. Maybe she is subcontiously trying to push you away. In my opinion each partner has a responsibility to keep themselves in reasonable shape. I am tired of hearing about people who say you shouldn't hurt her feelings......she is hurting her own feelings. Tell her you love her and want to be with her but if she doesn't lose some weight then she shouldn't expect too much sex. Just be honest. In my opinion this is all her fault. Hide her car keys and make her walk everywhere. Throw out all her chocolate and cakes.
Original post by Smi11ie
When one partner piles on the weight I think it is just selfish behaviour. Maybe she is subcontiously trying to push you away. In my opinion each partner has a responsibility to keep themselves in reasonable shape. I am tired of hearing about people who say you shouldn't hurt her feelings......she is hurting her own feelings. Tell her you love her and want to be with her but if she doesn't lose some weight then she shouldn't expect too much sex. Just be honest. In my opinion this is all her fault. Hide her car keys and make her walk everywhere. Throw out all her chocolate and cakes.

This thread is like 2 years old.
Original post by Smi11ie

Your first post. Congrats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
If you Love her then don't mess with things... The Weight will come full circle.. It's a learning experience for her, shes so happy and content that she has less to worry about.. She will Lose the Weight when she is ready, it will happen.. I Promise.. Just show her full support or the weight will become a Crutch for her and just get worse
My god you're entitled. Just a few reality checks for you, as he said when they began dating she had a desirable body type and somewhere along the relationship she started gaining weight which he didn't mind... then she put on ALOT of weight to the point where it affected his level of attraction to her. This isn't what he initially signed up for but he loves this woman. I know you subscribe to the whole
"if something hurts your feelings than it is untrue" millennial fairytale but that isn't how life works. This man has every right in the world to be honest with his gf that he loves. This may be a shocker to you but not everything in this world was designed for women to feel good about. Hopefully she hears him out and isn't an entitled to perceive everything in life on a gauge of how good it makes her feel. If she doesn't want to change her body that is her right, but there are consequences to that decision, namely this relationship. You judge this guy for not being attracted to a very fat girl that used to be in shape. He obviously respects and loves her as he's still with her and is opposed to leaving her for a material reason. Don't listen to this feminazi logic that your not allowed to express your own feelings because of the feelings of another woman. You sound like a great and loving guy and if you bring it up with her like you did here I'm sure there will be a good chance she will try and your relationship can rebound. If she doesn't care enough to change or doesn't want to (as is her right) than this relationship isn't for you bud. Good luck and be honest.

Latest

Trending

Trending