The Student Room Group

How do I unscrew my cartilage piercing?

I have a cartilage piercing at the top of my ear which I had done at the end of January. I only want to take the bar out to clean it and put it back in but it just won't unscrew? The back is a flat metal circle if that helps and I don't have time to go all the way to the piercing shop and ask them to clean it for me, because I live 40 mins away and have exams.
If it's a labret stud (like the one you described) it should unscrew from the ball at the front. It can be a bit fiddly but it should eventually work. Mine unscrews clockwise, but I don't know if that's the same for all of them :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Check on youtube! I struggled with my scaffold and my nose piercing and watching 'how to' videos really helped :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by coopertroopa03
If it's a labret stud (like the one you described) it should unscrew from the ball at the front. It can be a bit fiddly but it should eventually work. Mine unscrews clockwise, but I don't know if that's the same for all of them :smile:

I didn't even think about trying to unscrew it from the front, I'll have a go later and see if it works thanks! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Foreverneek
Check on youtube! I struggled with my scaffold and my nose piercing and watching 'how to' videos really helped :smile:

If I can't unscrew it from the front I'll have a look on youtube, thanks :smile:
tie the piercing to an anvil and then throw anvil off building.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending