The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Can you drop a module that you have failed?

I am in my third year. This year consists of 120 credits:

Ritual Module = 20 credits
Religion and culture Module = 20 credits
Medical ethics Module = 20 credits
Religions in India = 20 credits
Dissertation = 40 credits

However, I have failed the religions in India module as it was a 100% piece of work that did not meet the 40% pass mark. As i have failed this module, do I need to resit it in order for it to be dropped? I know that the lowest module mark is dropped but does this only apply if you have actually passed the module?

Even if I resit the highest I can get is 40 anyway because it is a resit.

I am concerned that they will include the failed module mark and drop the second lowest which will likely to be in the 2.2 region, basically costing me two modules!

Is this true?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jennifer07
I am in my third year. This year consists of 120 credits:

Ritual Module = 20 credits
Religion and culture Module = 20 credits
Medical ethics Module = 20 credits
Religions in India = 20 credits
Dissertation = 40 credits

However, I have failed the religions in India module as it was a 100% piece of work that did not meet the 40% pass mark. As i have failed this module, do I need to resit it in order for it to be dropped? I know that the lowest module mark is dropped but does this only apply if you have actually passed the module?

Even if I resit the highest I can get is 40 anyway because it is a resit.

I am concerned that they will include the failed module mark and drop the second lowest which will likely to be in the 2.2 region, basically costing me two modules!

Is this true?

Try contacting your department, they should be able to help. Email: [email protected] :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
All sorted! If you score between 30-39 then you don't have to resit, it is dropped as the lowest :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending