The Student Room Group

If Elliot Rodger grew in up U.K. instead...?

If the British-born American shooter was bred in U.K. instead, would we have avoided this tragedy?
Moreover, do you think the British culture would have helped his well-being?
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Elliot+Rodger

Scroll to see replies

Well he wouldn't have had a handgun(s) for a start....
No, it might have been harder for him to get hold of a gun but he didn't kill all those people by gun anyhoo
No, UK women are also extremely picky and expect men to approach them.
I'm being a bit too optimisitic here but I would like to think he wouldn't have been marginalized and bullied the way he was , which would lead to his isolation + depression and thirst for vengeance against a system he saw to have done him wrong.
Reply 5
well he did stab some of his victims, but he probably wouldn't have killed as many.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
I'm being a bit too optimisitic here but I would like to think he wouldn't have been marginalized and bullied the way he was , which would lead to his isolation + depression and thirst for vengeance against a system he saw to have done him wrong.

How? Bullying and mental illnesses exist in the UK too....
Reply 7
If he was in the uk he would would have borrowed his grandfather's extension chord and turned on the chainsaw for his metal massacre wearing a hockey mask.

I can sense what unfolds in alternate timelines...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
How? Bullying and mental illnesses exist in the UK too....

Yeah I know I was just being a bit of a prat , i'm sure over here we don't have as many homicidal teen nutcases though
His anger may have been directed at illegal immigrants or the rising cost of tuition fees instead.
If he was here he wouldn't have to worry about the opinions of pretty girls, he'd be concentrating on trying to locate one. :mwuaha:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Autistic Merit
His anger may have been directed at illegal immigrants or the rising cost of tuition fees instead.

I doubt he'll care about tuition fees because he's rich
he'd still be mad jelly
Reply 13
But American girls are a lot easier than British girls?
Although I think that between America and the UK, our society is a better and more accepting one, I do think that he would have faced the same bullying and isolation. I do not however think that his views on women would have been as extreme as they were and I not not think that the police in the UK would have left him be after seeing the videos he had posted.

I don't know how he would have turned out of course or if people still would have lost their lives but I think that there is more of a chance that he wouldn't have been ignored by the police and other authorities. All in all, I really can't say.
He'd be posting whiny anon threads in H&R instead of shooting people.
Original post by Jebedee
If he was here he wouldn't have to worry about the opinions of pretty girls, he'd be concentrating on trying to locate one. :mwuaha:

Posted from TSR Mobile

😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RayApparently
Well he wouldn't have had a handgun(s) for a start....

It's still possible to get hold of a handgun in the UK too
If he was unable to get p****y in America there's no way he'd be able to do it in the UK
Original post by AstroNandos
It's still possible to get hold of a handgun in the UK too

He purchased his easily and legally due to America's ridiculous stance against gun control. Do you honestly believe he could have got hold of concealable firearms in the UK? Perhaps its possible but I certainly wouldn't be able to go out and buy some. Unfortunately my shady underworld connections don't extend that far. I wonder if his would...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending