The Student Room Group

If Elliot Rodger grew in up U.K. instead...?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RayApparently
He purchased his easily and legally due to America's ridiculous stance against gun control. Do you honestly believe he could have got hold of concealable firearms in the UK? Perhaps its possible but I certainly wouldn't be able to go out and buy some. Unfortunately my shady underworld connections don't extend that far. I wonder if his would...

You can find them on the dark web :tongue: they're a lot more expensive than in the US and it's illegal, so there's less chance he would be able to obtain one though
I doubt the outcome would be significantly different. Access to guns in itself is somewhat immaterial, guns are not easy to obtain in Norway it didn't stop Anders Breivik from murdering 77 people using weapons that were obtained through legal means.

I have no doubt if an ER type character in UK wanted to obtain a gun there will be nothing that will stop him though perhaps it will be slightly more difficult to obtain it legally, illegally on the other hand it won't have made much of a difference.

Original post by RayApparently
He purchased his easily and legally due to America's ridiculous stance against gun control. Do you honestly believe he could have got hold of concealable firearms in the UK? Perhaps its possible but I certainly wouldn't be able to go out and buy some. Unfortunately my shady underworld connections don't extend that far. I wonder if his would...

You can very easily obtain guns illegally in UK especially if you had access to the kind of money he had.

What might be difficult would be to buy ammunition which isn't easy to obtain for many types of powerful guns.

Also his motive was to murder, if guns weren't available there would have been something else that would have been used, perhaps a knife, bomb or poison?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending