The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Nicholson Hall block E?

Hey! Seeing as we've been assigned our contracts, I'd love to know who I've been housed with! I'm NICHOE17A :smile:

Nicolle xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nichoc23a ^_^
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kylekgh
nichoc23a ^_^

Ahh you're a different block to me >< I know 1 person so far in mine haha
Reply 3
Oh hai neighbour :cool:
Reply 4
Original post by leahcee
Oh hai neighbour :cool:

Hidelee ho neighbouring! :getmecoat:
I'm not in this block (2nd year) but if you were wondering about the A on all your room numbers, it can pretty much be ignored. It was for rooms that 2 people shared, eg. one person would get 23A and the other would get 23B, I don't think any of the rooms are shared anymore so you can simply ignore the A.

Also there's about 26 rooms in a block, higher numbers are on the top floors of the block and low numbers are near the ground floor.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Semplice
Hidelee ho neighbouring! :getmecoat:

If I'm not mistaken I already know you two I'm in your block to muwuhahaha
Reply 7
Hey! Seeing as we've been assigned our contracts, I'd love to know who I've been housed with! I'm NICHOE17A :smile:

Nicolle xxx

Omg that's me!!! My exact number. Woop! Hi room mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Wait what?? We're in the same room? I'm so confused right now :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ImTheMuffinator
If I'm not mistaken I already know you two I'm in your block to muwuhahaha

We know who you are, Muffinator

Posted from TSR Mobile
We know who you are, Muffinator

Posted from TSR Mobile

Batman!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey I'm in NICHOE20A we should be pretty close!:smile:
Reply 12
Im in NICHOE19A so close!
I'm in NICHOE14A we might be on same floor :smile:
Can I ask how you found Nicholson halls? Thinking of living there this year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hi! Wow this thread was a throwback haha. I loved living in Nicholson, I loved being self catered (I wouldn't have ended up eating the lawns centre food so would've paid more for nothing) and I couldn't have lived without my ensuite bathroom! It just depends what you're looking for :smile:
I wasn't expecting anyone to reply as it's such an old thread!
I think I'm gonna go for Nicholson, I really don't want to be catered but wanna live at the lawns!
I'm tempted for the en suite but it's such much money compared to sharing a bathroom (my student loan is going to be dismal).
Did you live in the blocks or the flats? Are the kitchens/bathrooms a decent standard?
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by bee_keziah
I wasn't expecting anyone to reply as it's such an old thread!
I think I'm gonna go for Nicholson, I really don't want to be catered but wanna live at the lawns!
I'm tempted for the en suite but it's such much money compared to sharing a bathroom (my student loan is going to be dismal).
Did you live in the blocks or the flats? Are the kitchens/bathrooms a decent standard?
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I lived in the blocks! Yeah the kitchens are pretty big, and my bathroom was a big one so I had plenty of room, some of the bathrooms were smaller but not too bad if you get me. I loved my ensuite haha I couldn't have done without the privacy! It just depends how much you want an ensuite, there are halls in Nicholson that have shared bathrooms and there are more people in those blocks so you can still be self catered and have the shared bathroom. I know a few people whose loans didn't even cover their rent but they managed :smile: like I said it just depends how much you want an ensuite! I'm sharing a bathroom now in my house and it isn't too bad :smile:
Reply 18
I lived in the blocks! Yeah the kitchens are pretty big, and my bathroom was a big one so I had plenty of room, some of the bathrooms were smaller but not too bad if you get me. I loved my ensuite haha I couldn't have done without the privacy! It just depends how much you want an ensuite, there are halls in Nicholson that have shared bathrooms and there are more people in those blocks so you can still be self catered and have the shared bathroom. I know a few people whose loans didn't even cover their rent but they managed :smile: like I said it just depends how much you want an ensuite! I'm sharing a bathroom now in my house and it isn't too bad :smile:

Hey i'm also thinking about Nicholson Hall for my accommodation and getting the en-suite! how big is the bedroom and is the layout good? also how many people do you share with? and i was wondering is there a communal lounge area or is it just the kitchen? its a shame there are no pictures on Nicholson Hall because it would be helpful to get an image of it.
Original post by Maxvo2
Hey i'm also thinking about Nicholson Hall for my accommodation and getting the en-suite! how big is the bedroom and is the layout good? also how many people do you share with? and i was wondering is there a communal lounge area or is it just the kitchen? its a shame there are no pictures on Nicholson Hall because it would be helpful to get an image of it.

I know what you mean, I've literally scoured the Internet and can't find much on Nicholson! I think I will be applying for an ensuite, I'm torn between blocks and flats though - where are you thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest