The Student Room Group

maths ccea gcse help?

Hey so I am doing ccea gcse maths doing the tests t3 t4 and t6. I have gotten full marks on t3 which is 45% and I was one off an a on t4 which is another 45%! Anyway I'm just wondering because I have t6 on Friday which they say is worth 55% but I don't understand because the other two make up 90%!? Could someone explain to me and tell me how much I would need to pass and how much for an a and b?
Reply 1
Hey,

I've literally just spent the past 5 minutes googling this for you so I'm no expert but from what I can gather all the information you need is here:

http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/qualifications/Results.aspx?g=2&t=0&s=62&dt=0&v=0&f=0&d=r

From what I've read on this document you are right T3 and T4 are both worth 45% whilst T6 is worth 55% but it appears as though they take your highest mark from T3 or T4 to count toward your final grade along with T6

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
T3 and T4 are the module papers, T6 is the completion paper. You can only get a B doing T3, one mark below an A. It is basically the easier version of T4, hence why you can only get one below and A maximum. In order to get a full gcse you have to do T3 or T4 and T6, you cannot just do T3 and T4.

You got full marks in T3 and one off an A in T4, both of these are the exact same marks. In order to get an A overall you would need to get just over 80% in T6 as a minimum. For a B overall you would need to get 63% as a minimum in T6.
I got no idea about grades but what did you get for the book question? and the diameter for the race track?
Reply 4
Thanks everyone! And btw trihawk I'm in 5th year so I did your test last year pal

Quick Reply

Latest