The Student Room Group

Biology a requirement for Zoology?

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around different University courses and have become interested in Zoology, unfortunately I did not take Biology or Chemistry last year.
However some Universities don't have Biology or Chemistry as a definite requisite, is this a general rule, or is Biology normally a requirement?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by fightingduck
Hi everyone,

I've been looking around different University courses and have become interested in Zoology, unfortunately I did not take Biology or Chemistry last year.
However some Universities don't have Biology or Chemistry as a definite requisite, is this a general rule, or is Biology normally a requirement?

Thank you

Hi, Biology is generally needed to study Zoology, however some universities offer the degree with a foundation year which does not require you to have a certain A Level subject, you just need to have UCAS points in any subjects (usually a lower amount too). Which universities have did you look at? as I didn't find any that don't require biology. :smile:
Original post by xlizx
Hi, Biology is generally needed to study Zoology, however some universities offer the degree with a foundation year which does not require you to have a certain A Level subject, you just need to have UCAS points in any subjects (usually a lower amount too). Which universities have did you look at? as I didn't find any that don't require biology. :smile:

University of Manchester, and University of Exeter, both don't require Biology, but they do require a science A level.
Reply 3
University of Manchester, and University of Exeter, both don't require Biology, but they do require a science A level.

As long as your have then entry requirements you should be fine then, what A levels did you take if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Original post by xlizx
As long as your have then entry requirements you should be fine then, what A levels did you take if you don't mind me asking :smile:

I do Maths, Physics, Geography and Business Studies :smile:
Reply 5
I do Maths, Physics, Geography and Business Studies :smile:

Oh I was reading is as though you hadn't taken science :tongue: with two hard sciences you'll be fine. Good luck with your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending