The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 02/06/2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aashir
answer to the percentage question ?

​37.5%
for the in meiosis but not in mitosis i said crossing over... its true, there is nothing about the stages of meiosis specifically in the edexcel specification
Original post by Jacksgap
​37.5%

Could you show us how you got to that if you remember? :biggrin: Hopefully I get some marks for trying to work it out
Was the question about the Ethiopian wolves' adaptations anatomical/anatomical/behavioural?
Original post by IndianaCrohns
Could you show us how you got to that if you remember? :biggrin: Hopefully I get some marks for trying to work it out

final - initial
_____________ X 100%
initial
Original post by Hannahbelle
Was the question about the Ethiopian wolves' adaptations anatomical/anatomical/behavioural?

I got physiological/anatomical/behavioural
Reply 66
what did you guys write for the comment on the validity by using information from the table
it was anatomical, anatomical behavioural
Reply 68
That exam was absolutely fabulous. A beautiful gift from Edexcel, which is a very rare occurrence.
​37.5%

Crap, I put 137.5% ._>
I don't even know why.
[slaps self]
Original post by DarthDon
It would be Metaphase 2 or Anaphase 2.

The tube nucleus uses digestive enzymes to create a pathway for both male gametes to travel down.

I put interkinesis .-.
As far as I can tell it only takes place in meiosis but its possible that I've completely spazzed out in this exam
WBIO02/01 was easy but I did bad because I didn't study enough. Oh well.
Reply 72
Original post by alyalyaly
Crap, I put 137.5% ._>
I don't even know why.
[slaps self]

me too, thats percentage increase rather than change right? boo :confused:
Original post by cireris
me too, thats percentage increase rather than change right? Boo :confused:

good lcuk guys
Reply 74
Guyss,,

one question worth 1 mark annoyed me:

name a process similar to meiosis but its NOT mitosis.????

how about the question on growth of pollen tube (2)

i wrote enzyme secretion then what?

I wrote the same thing, with hydrolysis of the proteins to break down style?? :/
Reply 75
Original post by IndianaCrohns
I wrote something along the lines of having the plant seeds from one plant, ensuring that it was the environment and not the genotype accounting for the oil. Then something on environmental conditions and repeats

Same for me :/
Reply 76
Does anyone know what the answer was for the sclerenchyma fibres? what the hell was that O_o ? All i mentioned was the lignin contributing to strength… what about waterproof and whatever the other one was?
Original post by RainieXD
Does anyone know what the answer was for the sclerenchyma fibres? what the hell was that O_o ? All i mentioned was the lignin contributing to strength… what about waterproof and whatever the other one was?

I put lignin for strength. Also I could of sworn there was something about lignin affecting permeability leading to water being unable to pass through. So I put lignin as a factor for it being waterproof as well.
Wasn't sure about the flexability question after that though. Thankfully it was only one mark >.<
Reply 78
Original post by alyalyaly
I put lignin for strength. Also I could of sworn there was something about lignin affecting permeability leading to water being unable to pass through. So I put lignin as a factor for it being waterproof as well.
Wasn't sure about the flexability question after that though. Thankfully it was only one mark >.<

Ohh really?? Crap… haha ^^; didn't mention that. But yeah at least it wasn't too many marks
I found this whole paper a bit confusing? I don't know why, especially the last few questions i felt like i repeated myself a lot… ><
Original post by DarthDon
It would be Metaphase 2 or Anaphase 2.

The tube nucleus uses digestive enzymes to create a pathway for both male gametes to travel down.

Do you think crossing over would still be correct for meiosis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending