The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Postgrads at Kent starting 2014

Hi everyone,

I couldn't find a general thread solely for postgrads (I didn't look incredibly hard) so thought I'd start one here.

I recently applied for Woolf College accommodation and wondered if I might find some others on here who did the same. I'm doing a psychology MSc so it would be cool to talk to anyone doing this also.

Ben:biggrin:

Edit: If people want to list their post-grad accommodation, I can add it to a list here so it's easier to find your flatmates (there is another thread, but that is overwhelmingly undergrad, so might be clearer to do another separate one).

Farthings Court

lauluss (house 21)
Rub’ (house 23)

Woolf College

Barrex
Charming!! (B6)
dreamofaninsomniac
SeanT14
Tap$ (E3)
The_Cheshire_Cat (A6)
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello Ben,

This kind of thread was needed and thank you for creating it.

I am doing an Msc in International Business Management starting in sept and planning to stay off campus.
it will be nice to talk to people doing the same course or anyone that needs housemates.

Joel
(edited 9 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Hey,

This thread is such a good idea, thank you :smile:

I am doing a Forensic Psychology MSc and have also applied for Woolf College accommodation (fingers crossed, as I really want to live on campus!).

What Psychology MSc are you doing? Where did you do your undergraduate?

Loren
Reply 3
Hey to both of you,

Joel how come you didn't opt to live on campus?

Loren, same - I'm desperately hoping for Woolf, did you go for the self-catering band? I'm doing a research methods MSc (yawn) because my funding body requires it, hopefully it wont be too dull (yours will be awesome).

Did my UG at Surrey - what about you two?
Yes I've gone for self-catered, I'm far too fussy to go into catered haha. I bet that will be more interesting than you think, and if all else fails at least it will be useful! Research methods will always come in handy. I hope so! I'm so excited to actually be doing something I'm interested in!

I did mine at Surrey too, well I'm in my final year there at the moment - small world!
Reply 5
Haha, same. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'll keep my fingers crossed. If it's dull and useless I'll make sure you hear about it!

Wow, final year at the moment - you must be pretty stressed? How did the disso go? I graduated last year but only had one summer exam :biggrin: (much to the annoyance of my flatmates).
Reply 6
Hey guys,

Congratulations to you all!

I am doing PGD in Actuarial Science starting in September. Would love to talk to others doing the same course.

I haven't yet decided on where I will be staying. But it will most probably be off-campus shared accommodation. So if there's anyone else looking for housemates, holler me. :biggrin:

Vashini
This thread is really great! I'll be studying my MA in Drama & Theatre, and I have already submitted my housing for Woolf College. I hope I get it, and I'm excited about attending Kent!
This is a great thread! I'm looking into possible postgrad study options in the UK/overseas (from Australia), and Kent is in the mix. Will be great to hear from those of you starting this year regarding student life on campus as well as what it is like living in the postgrad on-campus accommodation. I'm excited at the prospect of living and studying overseas, as well as meeting some awesome new people ^.^

Jess.
Hi All,
Thanks for starting the thread :smile:
I'm over from Canada doing an LLM in september and I'm looking at the off-campus housing options in the hopes that it will be a bit less expensive, although so far I've only found some undergrad flat shares that sound a bit dodgy. Anyone interested in finding a grad student off-campus solution ?
Reply 10
Hey,

Thanks for this thread!:smile:

I too am looking for somewhere to live this September. I'm coming from the Caribbean, doing my MBA and prefer to live off campus.

If anyone is still seeking off campus accommodations or knows of anyone who is, then please let me know.

Thanks,

Mel
Reply 11
Hey guys, I'll be doing my MSc in Advanced Software Development at Canterbury
Reply 12
Original post by lorenalexandra
Hey,

This thread is such a good idea, thank you :smile:

I am doing a Forensic Psychology MSc and have also applied for Woolf College accommodation (fingers crossed, as I really want to live on campus!).

What Psychology MSc are you doing? Where did you do your undergraduate?

Loren

Hey!

Random but I have an interview next week for the MSc Forensic Psychology course at Kent and was wondering whether you could tell me the sort of questions you were asked etc please? :smile: Really want to go to Kent!

Thanks!

Emily
Reply 13
Hey all! I'll be doing my MSc in Computer Science and I hope to be based in Woolf :smile:

See you in September!

Natalia
Reply 14
Hey everyone,

Another Psychology MSc (research methods) student here. Applied for Woolf too, but quite pessimistic about my chances of securing a place there. I was a late applicant and only accepted my offer a few days ago (Sussex and Reading were my other options), so I'll probably end up in Darwin house or something.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

Shervin
Hey, I'm doing an MA in Modern History. I did my undergraduate at Kent too, and will be living off campus.

Andy.
Reply 16
hey guys,

will be doing MSc Engineering with Finance. Nice to read from you all. See you September.

Di
Hey all,

I'm going to be studying for an MSc in Forensic Psychology in September and have applied for accommodation at Woolf College.

I've been super keen and started a Facebook group for Forensic Psychology MSc (2014-15), so please join :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/781337131886609/

Lottie
Reply 18
I will be doing my MA in Security and Terrorism at Kent in September. I previously went to CCCU for my undergrad. I have applied for halls, but cant decide whether to live in halls if I get offered, or to live at home, travel and keep my part time job.

Any advice?
Reply 19
Hi Sean,

Very interesting MA I must say. Personally, I would choose Halls for the experience. But I suppose it also depends how far you'd have to travel/how much you want to keep your part-time job. Did you do Halls at undergrad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending