The Student Room Group

Men obsessed with feminism

Scroll to see replies

This is why, as a male, I describe myself as a feminist, and fight for feminism:

If you look at my profile picture, you'll see I was born with one arm. This means that I see a lot of discrimination against disabled people, especially in the workplace, and in TV/film, such as the lack of representation on TV that isn't either a joke at their expense (The Undateables (I still found it hilarious, though..) etc. So I myself feel like I am misrepresented and undervalued in everyday situations. I'm also a media student and so spend a lot of time looking into feminism, and the roles of women in media publications. From this, I've sort of related to the feminist fight, and I feel like, if a group as small as the disabled community are in such an undervalued position, how must every female feel when they too aren't as valued in society as men, and are represented so poorly sometimes. Don't get me wrong, in the common view that, I want women to be higher than men, because that's not what I want for disabled people either. I just believe in equality, and someone shouldn't be judged because of their gender or (dis)ability.

So yeah, that is why I am a male feMANist.
When I see a man adamantly talking about ' male privilege' and feminism/oppression on the internet, I assume he's just trying to impress the ladies or is just a bit of a girl himself. Personally I think everyone should just be decent to each other regardless of gender.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending