The Student Room Group

BBC-Is macho culture causing young men to take their own lives?

Unable to link article sorry.

Good or bs?

I mean the liberal nanny state has promoted a New Age Sensitive Guy culture which creates prissy little brats like myself after all

It would be good to see WHY men are reluctant to talk about their feelings especially in distress. (Especially in private. You don't need to do a Riku here.)
Reply 1
Do we even have Macho men anymore? I mean come on your average guy spends around 10 mins to an hour doing his hair, exfolating his face whatever man, I see it on the decline, I see Lad Culture on the rise, but that's it, just a bunch of guys
Reply 2
We have created a generation of men unfit for work, falling behind women in test scores, with the capacity to enable addictions, antisocial/irresponsible and avoidance behaviour through social media!
Reply 3
Original post by Zeroic
Do we even have Macho men anymore? I mean come on your average guy spends around 10 mins to an hour doing his hair, exfolating his face whatever man, I see it on the decline, I see Lad Culture on the rise, but that's it, just a bunch of guys

It's not the looks, it's the attitude (tough guy)
Reply 4
Macho-culture.. basically drinking culture. And a bunch of rejects on a bus or over the internet talking about rape. Is that macho culture your taking about?
Original post by Zeroic

Rubbish, everyone I know, myself included, can be out the door within 15 minutes. Teenagers who idolise metrosexual footballers (yes I'm judging you based on your avatar) may be different :wink:

Original post by Riku
We have created a generation of men unfit for work, falling behind women in test scores, with the capacity to enable addictions, antisocial/irresponsible and avoidance behaviour through social media!

*******s, the reason is the decimation of formerly male-only physical strength based industries (1970s) and the feminisation of secondary education (1990s). As for social media it appears to sucker women in more than men in my view.

Only thing men inflict on themselves is personal loneliness and political disunity due, in my view, mostly to outdated gender roles.
Reply 6
Original post by Ryan202
Macho-culture.. basically drinking culture. And a bunch of rejects on a bus or over the internet talking about rape. Is that macho culture your taking about?

Minus misogyny plus intense competition, keeping feelings to yourself, never showing weakness or fear, fierce independence, violence to assert dominance and authority if necessary...basically strong.silenttype
Reply 7
Original post by scrotgrot
Rubbish, everyone I know, myself included, can be out the door within 15 minutes. Teenagers who idolise metrosexual footballers (yes I'm judging you based on your avatar) may be different :wink:

*******s, the reason is the decimation of formerly male-only physical strength based industries (1970s) and the feminisation of secondary education (1990s). As for social media it appears to sucker women in more than men in my view.

Only thing men inflict on themselves is personal loneliness and political disunity due, in my view, mostly to outdated gender roles.

O
elaborate on this last bit fkr ne O Scrotgrot?
Reply 8
Original post by scrotgrot

haha, fair enough, but have you seen our players, look like chewed up wasps, if you want to find the metrosexual players, you won't find them at the hammers haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending