The Student Room Group

personal statement help

HI! I am an Indian and I am planning to apply to the UK for my undergrad. So, I just wanted to know if its important to include the reasons for wanting to study in the UK in my personal statement or if I can skip that part.
(edited 9 years ago)
You don't need to include why you want to study in the UK :nah:

Have you seen this page at all? It might help you http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Writing_Your_Personal_Statement
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
You don't need to include why you want to study in the UK :nah:

Have you seen this page at all? It might help you http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Writing_Your_Personal_Statement

Are you sure? Because the ucas website says that international students should mention why they chose to study in the uk...
Original post by raginikh
Are you sure? Because the ucas website says that international students should mention why they chose to study in the uk...

UCAS just sit between you and the universities you apply to - they aren't involved in making admissions decisions.

Universities aren't really interested in why you want to study in the UK - they might want reassurance that you're confident about moving to a new country and living and studying in a new environment but you don't have to sing the praises of the UK education system to demonstrate that you'd be comfortable studying here.
OP, I applied as an international myself, and I didn't bother talking about the UK etc. Just go for the jugular and talk about the subject you are applying for. That's all that universities really care about. I'm sure you have your own personal reasons as to why you chose the UK, but unis don't really give a c**p about it lol :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by futuredoctorVSB
OP, I applied as an international myself, and I didn't bother talking about the UK etc. Just go for the jugular and talk about the subject you are applying for. That's all that universities really care about. I'm sure you have your own personal reasons as to why you chose the UK, but unis don't really give a c**p about it lol :smile:

That sounds reassuring. Thanks a lot. :smile: Cause I really didn't want to waste space discussing about why I chose the UK.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
UCAS just sit between you and the universities you apply to - they aren't involved in making admissions decisions.

Universities aren't really interested in why you want to study in the UK - they might want reassurance that you're confident about moving to a new country and living and studying in a new environment but you don't have to sing the praises of the UK education system to demonstrate that you'd be comfortable studying here.

Sounds alright. Thanks a ton :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending