The Student Room Group

Has anyone undergone rhinoplasty? (Self-conscious about 'hooked' nose...)

It spoils my otherwise lovely features and although friends haven't commented, my family have noticed this and often point out how this hereditary trait has consequenced me. I often spend hours thinking about this and take hundreds of side-selfies and subsequently go on to tweak the shape of my nose and wish 'if only' I had a perfect nose :'(
From the front I look perfect ...often I see guys giving me attention but as soon as they come closer / the side view becomes apparent so they sort of hold back:s-smilie:

I was thinking to get a nose job during term-time next year at uni without telling family as they are against plastic surgery and wouldn't allow me.
Will it heal in a week or two?
Original post by Anonymous
It spoils my otherwise lovely features and although friends haven't commented, my family have noticed this and often point out how this hereditary trait has consequenced me. I often spend hours thinking about this and take hundreds of side-selfies and subsequently go on to tweak the shape of my nose and wish 'if only' I had a perfect nose :'(
From the front I look perfect ...often I see guys giving me attention but as soon as they come closer / the side view becomes apparent so they sort of hold back:s-smilie:

I was thinking to get a nose job during term-time next year at uni without telling family as they are against plastic surgery and wouldn't allow me.
Will it heal in a week or two?

I haven't had rhinoplasty but I know it can take quite a few months to heal and for swelling and bruising I go down. I know you think that your nose is bad but I'm sure it is not as noticeable to others. I sometimes feel the same but honestly I don't think it's worth the pain you would have to go through especially if your having to hide it from your family and therefore won't have support xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had one and although my nose isn't perfect now, it's soooo much better and I do not regret at all. It was initially quite swollen, took about 1 week for bruising on the face to heal and another for the swelling on the nose itself to go down completely but I've been told it takes a few months to a year for the shape to settle into what the surgeon intends so the shape will gradually change over the year after.
Reply 3
I wouldn't have one, I have, sadly gotten the 'Turkish nose' from un uncle, my nose is HUGE and 25cm2 in area :wink: And yes, I did measure.

But I'll never change it.
It won't cure in a 1-2 weeks, it will take more than that. In some cases the swelling takes about a month to heal.If you are planning to get it done during your stay at the uni then make sure that you don't visit your family till you have completely recovered from the rhinoplasty surgery.

Quick Reply

Latest