The Student Room Group

Chances of getting to Uni

I didn't pull my finger out last year at AS so I have almost finished re sitting the year, I'm studying Art, Product Design and PE and stand a good chance of getting AAB this year then hopefully the same if not better at A2.
Do universities disregard applicants for have re taken as levels or should I be okay? Also my worry is I don't do maths!
Reply 1
Only the most prestigious uni's will disregard people who have resat AS but that the likes of Cambridge and Oxford, but most uni's only care about the grades you get.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Physika
Only the most prestigious uni's will disregard people who have resat AS but that the likes of Cambridge and Oxford, but most uni's only care about the grades you get.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to know, if you don't mind me asking if i can push my predicted grades by my teachers to AAA is it worth applying for the better unis even though I don't have an as grade and also don't have a set of a*s at gcse?
Reply 3
I have only one a at GSCE and I have had a couple of offer from York and Nottingham which are really good uni's for maths (which is what I want to do) so although they will look at your GSCEs they will judge you on your a level results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
So if you get AAA then you will be fine applying to any uni you want I would think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending