The Student Room Group

Confused and stressed out.

Hello everyone from the TSR community.
first of all I would like to apologize if my topic seems a bit messy , mainly because I am typing this using my smartphone, anyhow.
my name is Deyab , 18 years old male.
I am a British citizen who has spent most of his life overseas (due to my father being an optimistic travel freak which never bothered him but reflected negatively on me.), I lived in different countries, (Morocco, Jordan , trinidad now qatar).
I have been in Qatar for 2 years now , I am currently at the very last month of my last school year (local school).
but I can't focus on studying even thought finale exams are next week (which includes both semesters and 70% of the school year score.)
I just can't get it together, I have been stressed out over where to study next (preferably Europe) but I lived most my life in hot and very social places. And during those last 2 years I acquired steel-strong friendship with many classmates and schoolmates , which they happen to be locals (Qatari).
I never imagined I'd have such an entourage of close friends at the point we considered ourselves a family.
But the problem lays here : living in Qatar is not a piece of cake if you are not a local, most my friends will easily get sponsorships and scholarships while I can't.
it is true I have the chance to study in most of europe for measily costs , but knowing that you will have to leave very very good friends for the sake of studying , and even if I come back after graduating , my salary won't be as near as theirs and I won't have the chance to settle. (lands and houses here cost fortunes , lands are usually given to the locals thru the government).
And now I am at loss , depressed for the loneliness that awaits me and I have no idea where to study or what to study.
I tried emailing the British embassy here once asking if I studied political science , will my future be bright in the region ? ( since I speak Arabic french and english and have strong local ties), but helas no reply.
so any advice on where is more fit to study in Europe (for a young student who willl be living alone) or what kind of studies would be very appreciated.
p.s: sorry for the long post , my brain is fuzzy.
p.s.s: Many people told me to join the military since I pick up languages quick, others told me study political science (but I don't see any future for it except if I go in as a politician and I don't know how that works out) and my father insisting that I study business , but it seems there are more than enough number of business graduates.
thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending