The Student Room Group

South Korea introduces 'female friendly' parking spaces.

These 'female-friendly' parking spaces come with the following features:

Fashionable pink lines and an easily recognisable logo of a lady in a skirt to avoid confusing the womenz.

They are longer and wider than ordinary parking spaces, so that the poor things actually have a chance of getting their car in the space.

Close to elevators, because tottering around in heels all day with bags of shopping is hard work!

:facepalm:

Actually this is part of a bigger project, which isn't all bad because this kind of thing:

'Also planned are brighter lights, CCTV and more female toilets.' And this kind of thing:

'For example, the hand straps on buses were previously adjusted to a male’s average height but we changed the height of the straps so more women can hold on to them easily.'

Are arguably good things. (Although everyone could do with having more toilets.)

So - poor execution of a well intentioned idea, or just blatant sexism? (Or both?)

Scroll to see replies

Considering we need disabled badges to prove we are disabled, how will any of this be enforced?
If a person can't park a car in a regular space, they shouldn't have passed
Pink :yucky:

But seriously I don't think it's particularly fair
I don't think they should call them ladies parking spaces. Some guys have difficult parking too whilst some women are very good. They should just be called extra help assistance for all ****ty drivers and be in baby blue. Otherwise it's labelling and sexist against man who are bad parkers too.
Reply 5
This is my worst nightmare. I think there should be spaces for those who are pregnant/who are with someone who is pregnant as this would be quite useful for those who are desperate for the loo/or who are unwell in the mornings etc, but otherwise this is just blatant discrimination. Are they going to have blue parking spaces too (hehe)?
Original post by vhowkins
This is my worst nightmare. I think there should be spaces for those who are pregnant/who are with someone who is pregnant as this would be quite useful for those who are desperate for the loo/or who are unwell in the mornings etc, but otherwise this is just blatant discrimination. Are they going to have blue parking spaces too (hehe)?

I guess we do already have family parking spaces which afford the same purpose. :smile:

Although they too come with their share of drama: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1310009/Family-parking-bays-cause-fury-mothers-shoppers-unfairly-hog-spaces.html
Reply 7
Hahahaha this is actually brilliant :rofl:
Reply 8
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I guess we do already have family parking spaces which afford the same purpose. :smile:

Although they too come with their share of drama: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1310009/Family-parking-bays-cause-fury-mothers-shoppers-unfairly-hog-spaces.html

I was talking about South Korea specifically, I'm not sure if they do already have family parking spaces :smile:

That's kind of expected though, a lot of people can get away with it :frown:

Commendable work, Daily Mail.
They need all the help they can get.

I bet the South Korean women are secretly grateful. :wink:
Reply 10
The car park spaces thing is really sexist and rather patronising to women.
another point for the feminazis trying to make women a special and privileged class of person
Reply 12
I expected something like that they would be twice the width of normal parking spaces.
This is negging...sorta....well I'm offended

*scoffs*
Original post by Snagprophet
Considering we need disabled badges to prove we are disabled, how will any of this be enforced?

Ever the pragmatist, eh? :smile:
Original post by zippity.doodah
another point for the feminazis trying to make women a special and privileged class of person

This is sexism! Men will have made this decision - feminists don't tend to think that women are objectively worse parkers than men.
Discrimination
Original post by TheBigGeek
This is sexism! Men will have made this decision - feminists don't tend to think that women are objectively worse parkers than men.

if this is from men it is men that have been pressured by feminists
Sexist against men

Who complains about the straps not being the right height on buses? :K:
Reply 19
The parking thing is discrimination, but the other things are good. More toilets is a sensible idea, because the queues for the ladies are always far longer than the mens

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending