The Student Room Group

Future (female) scientists?

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully doing Chemistry with a year in industry in September, taking Chemistry, Biology and Maths at A-Level :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No way. Me too (I'm male btw, I'll disappear now)

Wooo :five: You're the first person that wants to do the same thing, I'm not so lonely anymore :biggrin:
Also TSR isn't going to be representative.
Physics for me hopefully, if I get the grades! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MidnightDream
Wooo :five: You're the first person that wants to do the same thing, I'm not so lonely anymore :biggrin:

I've always been fascinated in drugs and that, and then the brain is so complex. And I'm quite ignorant with regards to mental illnesses so was doing a bit of googling, and the brain is just so complex.

The biochemistry of memories and things like that.

Cambridge have Neuro modules in year 2 of NatSci if you're interested. Can be taken with Pharmacology and another module of your choice :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Hopefully doing Chemistry with a year in industry in September, taking Chemistry, Biology and Maths at A-Level :smile:

That's what I'm thinking of doing :smile:
Out of curiosity, which uni?
Maths here. :smile:

Currently, Applied Maths is my favourite (kinda like Physics).
I've always been fascinated in drugs and that, and then the brain is so complex. And I'm quite ignorant with regards to mental illnesses so was doing a bit of googling, and the brain is just so complex.

The biochemistry of memories and things like that.

Cambridge have Neuro modules in year 2 of NatSci if you're interested. Can be taken with Pharmacology and another module of your choice :biggrin:

That's how my interest started too :laugh: I've looked at Cambridge's NatSci course and it's my dream but I'll have to see how my AS exams turn out :rofl:
I'm doing maths, chemistry and biology at A level.

I've been accepted to do Dietetics at Nottingham this September which is an integrated masters course with option of research, but I'm suddenly feeling as if I might get a bit bored with it.

I'm considering applying for Naturaal Sciences in clearing if there are any, I'm really not sure though 😣 I don't really know what id do post degree!
Original post by ChloelovesChem
Natural Sciences at Nottingham University :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh sounds great! Just wondered which 'path' you're taking in it? Also, what kind of career do you want after?
Original post by 4lic
That's what I'm thinking of doing :smile:
Out of curiosity, which uni?

University of Manchester (firm) or Sheffield (insurance) :smile:
Original post by acciolucy
Ooh sounds great! Just wondered which 'path' you're taking in it? Also, what kind of career do you want after?

Biology-chemistry-environmental sciences! Currently I'm thinking about research in genetics :smile: What I like about this course is how flexible it is so I can easily change my mind about what I want to do if it comes to that!
How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oops ignore me, just saw your above post! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
*Raises hand* I want to be a toxicologist or a pharmacologist.

I want to do Pharmacology and become a neuropharmacologist :smile:

If I can't do toxicology, I think I would become a psychopharmacologist or psycholinguist! :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Biology-chemistry-environmental sciences! Currently I'm thinking about research in genetics :smile: What I like about this course is how flexible it is so I can easily change my mind about what I want to do if it comes to that!
How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that sounds awesome! Flexibility is one of the best parts about the course IMO!

I really wish I had applied, though I probably wouldn't have got in with my AS grades. Hopefully ill get A*AA this year though, I don't know if it comes up in clearing though as it is so popular 😔
Wow that sounds awesome! Flexibility is one of the best parts about the course IMO!

I really wish I had applied, though I probably wouldn't have got in with my AS grades. Hopefully ill get A*AA this year though, I don't know if it comes up in clearing though as it is so popular 😔

My offer is AAB and I got AABD at AS - do you mind if I ask what you got at AS? You never know - I was so shocked when I got my offer, I even applied for biochemistry there too because I loved the uni so much haha! (My low offer is most likely due to my school being rubbish :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's how my interest started too :laugh: I've looked at Cambridge's NatSci course and it's my dream but I'll have to see how my AS exams turn out :rofl:

Best of luck :smile:

I wanna get in :cry2: but my AS exams haven't gone too well lol
My offer is AAB and I got AABD at AS - do you mind if I ask what you got at AS? You never know - I was so shocked when I got my offer, I even applied for biochemistry there too because I loved the uni so much haha! (My low offer is most likely due to my school being rubbish :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow for natsci? I got ABC (maths chem bio) at AS but I know at the time everyone who was applying for natsci seemed to have AAA at AS and all the websites say A*AA overall needed so I thought I had no chance in hell! Plus I didn't know about contextual offers as my school is really bad too!

Damn I really regret not applying now, I guess I'll just have to hope that there are some in clearing, I'd love to go to Nottingham!
Best of luck :smile:

I wanna get in :cry2: but my AS exams haven't gone too well lol

Good luck to you too :yep:
Lol I know it seems like every test has gone worse than the last :cry:
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow for natsci? I got ABC (maths chem bio) at AS but I know at the time everyone who was applying for natsci seemed to have AAA at AS and all the websites say A*AA overall needed so I thought I had no chance in hell! Plus I didn't know about contextual offers as my school is really bad too!

Damn I really regret not applying now, I guess I'll just have to hope that there are some in clearing, I'd love to go to Nottingham!

Never mind - crossed fingers that there is clearing! Best of luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending