The Student Room Group

Sociology A-level?

What does the course consist of and is it difficult?
There's several different units and it will depend on your school which ones you do - I do education, family and research methods. I find it really interesting, there's a lot to remember but it's not too bad! The exam consists of long essay questions, so i recommend you only take the subject if you don't mind essay writing :smile:
AQA is a great course. I'm doing a resit year and took it up. It's a lot of content but once you get your head around it it's easy! Also very interesting, I think it's massively changed the way that I see the world in terms of Feminism and Marxism.
Reply 3
Original post by A future Midwife
There's several different units and it will depend on your school which ones you do - I do education, family and research methods. I find it really interesting, there's a lot to remember but it's not too bad! The exam consists of long essay questions, so i recommend you only take the subject if you don't mind essay writing :smile:

Reply 4
Original post by Capaldian
AQA is a great course. I'm doing a resit year and took it up. It's a lot of content but once you get your head around it it's easy! Also very interesting, I think it's massively changed the way that I see the world in terms of Feminism and Marxism.

Original post by Jamilah_1
What does the course consist of and is it difficult?

Hey, I just did the AS exam on it. I thought it was a very interesting subject. I did Wealth & Poverty, it definitely makes you think about the world in a more open way.

A lot to learn, but I dont think as much as some subjects. You will need to be good at essay writing though. 2 hours of it in the unit 2 exam.

And being able to remember dates and sociologists names is highly recommended :smile:

I would say on a difficulty of 1 - 10 its a 6/10.
Computing is my hardest subject and I would say thats a 8.5/10

Hope that gives you an idea :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest