The Student Room Group

Canadians going to Study in UK

Could not find a thread so thought I would start one.

I am a Canadian, from Calgary going to study Law at the University of Leicester.

Who else is out there? Where you going?
Reply 1
I'm the reverse! Going from Glasgow, Scotland in the UK to study at Calgary in September :smile: happy to help any Canadians with their UK Qs and any information on Calgary/Canada would help me too! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by MoeZoh
Could not find a thread so thought I would start one.

I am a Canadian, from Calgary going to study Law at the University of Leicester.

Who else is out there? Where you going?

I live in Toronto but I'm currently in Grade 10 (until Wednesday, when I'll have my last exam.) I really want to go to study in the UK. I'm a British citizen so I was really hoping that I'd be eligible for home student fees, but I'm unfortunately not. Well, at least I'm exempt from having to deal with all that annoying visa paperwork! It would be very nice to get to know some other Canadians who could guide me through the UCAS process at a later date :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Milo98
I live in Toronto but I'm currently in Grade 10 (until Wednesday, when I'll have my last exam.) I really want to go to study in the UK. I'm a British citizen so I was really hoping that I'd be eligible for home student fees, but I'm unfortunately not. Well, at least I'm exempt from having to deal with all that annoying visa paperwork! It would be very nice to get to know some other Canadians who could guide me through the UCAS process at a later date :smile:

Look up StudyAbroad, its an agency that help you apply to UK universities and it completely free,

They helped me with everything from my UCAS application to my student visa :smile: im going to Leeds for university in september and im from Brampton
Reply 4
I'm from Toronto and will be attending Aston University for Pharmacy this fall! :smile:
Vancouver, going to Imperial College for MSc Advanced Computing in October! So excited!!
Reply 6
I'm from Halifax, headed to Glasgow for Archaeological Studies MLitt.
Reply 7
Original post by HXRLEEN
Look up StudyAbroad, its an agency that help you apply to UK universities and it completely free,

They helped me with everything from my UCAS application to my student visa :smile: im going to Leeds for university in september and im from Brampton

Sorry I took so long to reply to this haha. I don't need a student visa, I'm a UK citizen :smile:
I am from Toronto and will be attending Imperial College London for its Msc Investment & Wealth Management.
Reply 9
I'm from Mississauga, in Ontario, and will be studying Optometry at Aston University in the fall! :smile:
Reply 10
From Vancouver, studying History of Art and Design at Uni of Brighton in 2015! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Milo98

I'm the same as you! Fellow Brit in Toronto, hello! I graduated in June and am taking a gap year. I've wanted to go back to the UK for university since I moved here. The home vs. overseas fees is really annoying. The fact that someone who has never been to the UK or has any ties to the UK or ever paid taxes in the UK can get home status because they're part of the EU yet we can't doesn't make sense... The application process as a UK citizen actually makes it more complicated. In the future if you ever need help, just let me know!
I am from India and want to study in UK at City University London. can anyone help me to provide latest information ????
Reply 13
Original post by 09Agrodut
I am from India and want to study in UK at City University London. can anyone help me to provide latest information ????

Since we're all from Canada I doubt that we'd be able to help you.
Original post by birchmc
Since we're all from Canada I doubt that we'd be able to help you.

Thanks, Would you say when will be started the next MBA Session ?
Reply 15
Original post by 09Agrodut
Thanks, Would you say when will be started the next MBA Session ?

I said we can't help you. Sorry.
Hi! Im from Toronto! Im going to university of Edinburgh for veterinary science 2015! Anyone else coming to Edinburgh? Message me!

Quick Reply

Latest