The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
henryt
You can't generalise. Sometimes "fat" might be veluptious, sometimes it might be horrendously obese. So it varies from person to person, and it also depends on how/what you show off/cover up if you are "fat".

Voluptuous would not be medically fat though. Its just half a stone or so more than whats fashionable, and you need to be more than two stone over what's fashionable to be medically fat.
Reply 21
I think fat normally equals unattractive. But I've got this mate, who shags this girl with a bit of podge, and says she is the best lay of his life; because she doesn't get it often, she's more enthusiastic than most apparently!
Reply 22
I was joking about the above. But seriously If someones weight stopped them from being able to do normal things that I would want from a relationship or certain experiences and all this crap I would actual find it rather unattractive and wouldn't persue any intimate relationship with them.
No, not at all. I know loads of fat people who are really pretty and really nice people who really deserve attention that is often wasted on thinner girls who are bitches.
Reply 24
Gamma
I've never seen a 'gorgeous' fat person, though some are quite attractive, but I think that all fat people would look better if they lost weight.

:ditto:
im fat and im not ugly :smile:
Reply 26
Is being thin = beautiful?

Depends on your personal preference.

Plus, surely the personality it what is most attractive? You could go out with a gorgeous thin girl with the personality of a brick, or you could go out with a gorgeous bigger girl with the nicest personality going :smile:
Gamma
Erm... you think you're fat? Not according to your myspace picture.

yeah face picture for a reason:biggrin:
There are lots of good lucking plus size people :smile: It all depends on personal preference, and where the fat is. I think fat looks worse when it is on the face- but that doesnt mean that they are ugly. :smile:
Reply 29
According to my friends tho I'm manarexic. So I really wouldn't bother listening to me.
you know guys can be anorexic, its not a different disease you have!!
Reply 31
I know, just thats what they call it. I don't particually like either of the words. I don't think I am, its probably because i'm significantly thinner than those friends.
Reply 32
i really don't like it when skinny people have a ticket on themselves because they're skinny! and i don't like it when size 10 girls say they need to lose weight as they want to fit into a size 8! size 10 in my opinion is just right in terms of attractiveness! obesity can never be attractive really, but having soemthing to hold one to is certainly more attractive than a stick insect! however being ugly or good looking is a matter of the face in my opinion, and a slightly chubby face can still have striking features and can be considered beautiful! oh how i waffle...
Reply 33
I'd rather go out with a larger woman than a skinny one. Not just for the fact theres "more cushion for the pushin'" as some people say, just think its more attractive. Depends on personal preferences. And before anyone says, no i am not a chubby chaser:p:
The two aren't equivalent, though there is undoubtedly a correlation. There are plenty of thin people uglier than many fat people, but generally being fat does make someone less attractive. If someone is naturally very attractive, then they can probably retain good looks even if they become fat, but generally someone will look considerably better if they are of a normal size. But please note, when I say "normal size" I don't mean extremely thin, I mean of a sensible size that suits one's build.
but in the case of my friend, she is quite a large dress size but doesnt have a fat face at all, so if she lost weight (she went thru a thinner period so i know) she wouldnt look half as good, for while she dropped a couple of dress sizes she looked gaunt n not as good, it all depends where the fat is...no1 looks good with a huge face n 10 chins
squigaletta
but in the case of my friend, she is quite a large dress size but doesnt have a fat face at all, so if she lost weight (she went thru a thinner period so i know) she wouldnt look half as good, for while she dropped a couple of dress sizes she looked gaunt n not as good, it all depends where the fat is...no1 looks good with a huge face n 10 chins

Certainly if fatness doesn't affect the face, it won't have anywhere near as much effect. A fat face is almost always less attractive, but if someone has a good looking face, a slightly larger body (as long as it's not huge) isn't going to matter to a lot of people.
Reply 37
Charlotte Coyle on fat beauty contest was absolutly stunning

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/cc/charlotte20.jpg

Mia tylers beautiful too

http://homepage.mac.com/dtrull/chicks/miat04.jpg

So no, i don't think being fat = ugly.
Reply 38
violeta
Charlotte Coyle on fat beauty contest was absolutly stunning

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/cc/charlotte20.jpg

Mia tylers beautiful too

http://homepage.mac.com/dtrull/chicks/miat04.jpg

So no, i don't think being fat = ugly.

so if you class charlotte coyle fat does that mean those who are smaller than her not fat? i was just wondering because i dont know to class myself 'fat' or 'curvey'. Charlotte coyle did have a v.pretty face though
Reply 39
Ironically though shes weighing a corsette type of thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending