Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston students starting September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Simba96
Bradford is my insurance which i don't mind. But i still really want to go to Aston. What about you?

Mine is Anglian Ruskin, but as you said yeah I really want to go to Aston.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 41
I had a look on my application for accommodation and saw that the Personal Preferences had changed and everything was ticked "Yes" (I didn't tick everything as "Yes" myself). Could someone please check theirs to see if theirs is the same.
Reply 42
Original post by Adam'
I had a look on my application for accommodation and saw that the Personal Preferences had changed and everything was ticked "Yes" (I didn't tick everything as "Yes" myself). Could someone please check theirs to see if theirs is the same.

I checked and mine are not ticked 'yes'. And I can't change it anymore either, since my application already got accepted.
Reply 43
Original post by Vyvian
I checked and mine are not ticked 'yes'. And I can't change it anymore either, since my application already got accepted.

Alright thanks, I'll have to phone them then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi , my name is Iulia , i will be a student at Aston University in October, at international relations and english language. I am from Romania ( don t be scared :biggrin: ) and i hope to find a roommate ... and of course make some friends . If anybody will be nice and help me , i will be all by myself there and i m a little scared .. tnx
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 45
Anyone doing economics & management???
Reply 46
Original post by iuliasutru
Hi , my name is Iulia , i will be a student at Aston University in October, at international relations and english language. I am from Romania ( don t be scared :biggrin: ) and i hope to find a roommate ... and of course make some friends . If anybody will be nice and help me , i will be all by myself there and i m a little scared .. tnx

Welcome to Aston! Have you applied for campus accommodation?
I'll be doing Psychology, best thing to do is add people to Facebook when you find people on your course.
Anyone doing Electronic and Electrical Engineering?
Original post by immieimmu1
Heyy! The best rooms are the five bed deluxe, larger beds and slightly bigger rooms. In terms of social life, it depends on your flatmates really..

Wrong !

Unless someone else is paying for it, the best rooms are those that are the cheapest.
Original post by Listener15
Hey, am hoping to do single honours psychology in September :smile:

Anyone else
Would be really nice to have talked to people before actually getting there who are on my course
If anyone is interested in being in contact pm me please

Good luck for results everyone!
Hopefully see you all during freshers' week

Hi :smile: im doing psychology at aston as well. Do you know much information about it yet?
Reply 51
Original post by JasonTo2
Who's firmed Aston, what subjects are you guys doing and what accommodation have you chosen ?

Hey I've firmed Aston for biomedical science and my first choice for accommodation is lakeside
ayo!
I've firmed aston for human biology Bsc...just hoping results day is kind enough to let me enroll now as I really don't wanna go to my insurance (Coventry)

good luck to everyone waiting on results, hope to see you guys there come freshers
What information are you looking for I am doing Psychology with you in October as well.
Original post by sophiechill
Hi :smile: im doing psychology at aston as well. Do you know much information about it yet?

I'll be doing Psychology as well! :smile: I hardly know anything about it other than what is on the website - do you know any more info about it yet? :smile:
Original post by CharlotteAC
I'll be doing Psychology as well! :smile: I hardly know anything about it other than what is on the website - do you know any more info about it yet? :smile:

Yea I dropped out half way through the year due to some personal issues to start again in October so I literally know everything about the course.
Original post by CharlotteAC

I still dont really know anything. Paul514-could you help us out? How many days are you usually in, what kind of books are in th reading list. What goes on a the very start ? Things like that :smile: thanks x
I've answered your questions on Facebook already but for the benefit of anyone else last year we were in 4 days per week and about 10 hours of lectures .

At the very start of the year you get two Freshers weeks the first is the international freshers week but if you are local you can turn up to events, they like to bed them in first as the have the most adapting to do.

The week after is the main freshers week everyone moves in then Aston Aunties are assigned flats they will basically cajole you into stupid drinking games and being loud generally. Personally if you cant tell I thought it was **** and felt that loads of people felt pressured into taking part.

There is loads of events all week the main one being at night going to this night or that night mostly at the student union - Pretty much all the events are again **** and after freshers week almost no one uses the union.

There are a few orientation things during the daytime on freshers week such as how to use the library, getting your University ID and one or two other things.

At the end of the week you have the freshers fare which is where they get you to join the societies at the university (other Uni's have better societies) and doubtless you will be written all over your body with the word hockey like loads of people were last year.

The week after lectures start and it's pretty simple stuff they present a power point slide to you (you can ask anything when you like) at the end of the slides there will be essential reading (for your own sake do it each week don't leave it that is a BIG mistake)

As for assessments there wasn't THAT many essays throughout the year probably 6 or so, there is 3 exams in January and 3 in May.

Other assessments include a group presentation to the class, group essay's and a crappy designed experiment on a piece of software you will loathe called SPSS.

Ah there are also little tests every week or two for every module you complete online which counts to your first year grades so make sure you do it with an open book for 100%.

What else.......?

General advice for any subject...... The biggest shock for most people is how the responsibility for everything is on you the student there is no guided study (the type of study you would be used to at school/collage) it is up to you to make sure you know everything that you are supposed to know and what indeed you are supposed to know (you get most of this by piecing information between you and your new friends)

If I have missed anything ask me I usually check the forum once or twice a week.
Oh and by the way everyone make new friends so don't worry about that!
Reply 59
Original post by kostaskary
Hi, any student from Greece?
I am going to study Mechanical Engineering MSc in September.

Geia ! I'm going to study Human Resource Management and I'm from Greece too ! Sent me a message whenever you want !

Quick Reply

Latest